Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My boiler is a potterton pro max Combi boiler

The boiler pressure starts at 1 - 1.5 when the heating is not on. When the heating is switch on the pressure will drop to to 0.5 - 1 and slowly climb until it reaches just outside the 1 on the gauge.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what could cause the pressure to drop with the heating on as I would of expected it to rise.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've lost probably 0.2 bar of pressure over a 2 month period.

You will require a gas safe engineer to come out and take a look at your boiler it sounds like a couple of parts of it may need looking at and potentially setting correctly

Thank you for the quick response

I will organise a visit by a gas safe engineer.

To make sure I am getting the correct service from them, are there any certain parts or clues from what I've memtioned that i should make sure he is looking into correctly?

Regards

I believe the pressure guage goes in on the negative side of the pump which is why your pressure drops when you turn the heating on. So I think it's fairly normal.

You may have a slight leak somewhere on your system/ boiler but trying to find .2 bar over 2 months will be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Strangely I have 2 thermostats on different floors of the house which can switch on the heating independently of each other

The situation I just described is using only the bottom floor central heating. If I switch on both sets of heating the pressure will increase to the same as when the heating is off (1-1.5)

I'll keep an eye on the decrease on the gauge and mention it to the engineer

If your concerned about a pressure problem it should be fairly easy to check the main bits for a competent engineer will give you peace of mind.

Reply to Boiler pressure help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock