Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiler plus what you doing ? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

So what of the 4 options are you using ?

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends on the customer really load comp via a learning programmable room stat for the OAPS , smart controls for others if top end maybe a Atag which has all of them .

• Like Like x 1
  3. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Weather comp It works for heat pumps even better for gas boilers

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

non unless its suits the customer

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CHRISX

CHRISX Active Member

Hello All,

I take it that We all know that the `Boiler Plus` additional Controls regulations only apply to Combi Boilers regarding the 4 specified options for additional Controls ?

Heat Only Boilers must be at least 92% efficient - that is the only specification that applies to that type of Boiler under the new `Boiler Plus` regulations.

With regard to `Controls` - Heat only Boilers obviously still require `Time & Temperature Control` and of course `Boiler Interlock` regarding the Controls - but apart from those they are NOT subject to any additional `Boiler Plus` regulations / specifications for additional Controls.

This has NOT been explained in most of the `Information` that has been recently published about Boiler Plus and because of that I am sure that there could be many Heating Engineers / Installers that don`t know the correct details.

I tried to attach a Graphic authored by the HHIC which shows this VERY Important point but I got a Forum Error Message.

An article about Boiler Plus from the `energy & utilities alliance` which quotes information from the Heating & Hot Water Information Council [HHIC] and explains the above and includes the Graphic that I mentioned is here:

Now’s the time – start telling customers about new boiler legislation.

I hope that this will help some future readers of this thread.

Regards,

Chris

EDIT: Here is a HHIC Consumers Guide to `Boiler Plus`:

The Heating and Hotwater Industry Council - press- HHIC launches consumer guide to new legislation for boiler installations which launches today

Chris

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  6. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

I will be offering the manufacturers own wireless control as an option to meet requirements. Will only offer weather comp to young customers with newish houses

customers think it's crazy to pay more money for very small saving that will possibly take the life of the boiler to recoup. Or even worse cost more overall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. CHRISX

CHRISX Active Member

Hello again,

Further to what I wrote about the new `Boiler Plus` Controls only applying to Combi Boilers:

Only 6 Days after the new `Boiler Plus` regulations coming into force [6th April] the Government department responsible - the `Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy` has written about their interest in a future `Boiler Plus Plus` - basically putting similar `Higher Efficiency Controls` specifications onto Heat only Boilers as well as the new / existing regulations for Combi`s.

As they wrote that they would be looking at the `Boiler Plus` regulations outcome in a Year`s time and again in 5 Years perhaps they should have waited until a Year had elapsed before bringing up `Boiler Plus Plus` ?

Here is a Link to the article in the Heating Ventilating & Plumbing online Magazine:

BEIS:

Regards,

Chris

8. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

In answer to the original question:-

As little as possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

its all a big farce!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Sorry Shaun, do you mean to say that you are installing Combi boilers in England without boiler plus controls?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Think Shauns post was with regard weather comp.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

would install a simple stat

13. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Fitting a Vaillant with a Vaillant wireless stat this week. That’s all I need to do.:cool:

14. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

I suppose we’re lucky in Wales atm as ‘Boiler plus’ doesn’t apply. It can be a good sale though , as an optional extra :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Would that meet buildings regs dya think?