Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Plus - Smart Controls & OpenTherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Good evening All,

I have come accross a situation and I would like some opinions.

I am installling a combi boiler in a property with.......no internet!

My usual MO has been to fit a combi and Nest combo to keep homeowners and the law happy. Specifically Ideal Vogue Max Combi using the OpenTherm on the Nest.

What would you do where there is no internet?

My plan is to fit a weather compensator and a (Honeywell) wireless programable room stat. Probably the CM927 or TR4.

Anyone else got a better, easier, smarter way? The homeowners are elderly and need simple controls.

Thanks in advance.

J

Reply to Boiler Plus - Smart Controls & OpenTherm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi all Had my old baxi 105 replaced with a baxi 630. Got the ifos fitted and set to curve 40. So far all ok. My controls are a salus iT500. Now I realise this is not opentherm compatable, so is worth upgrading to an opentherm smart thermostat to work along side the weather compensation ?? I...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire) and unvented cylinder (To a Mixergy cylinder) as we currently have a 13 year old fixed output combi boiler with a unvented cylinder which is fed solely...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock