Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler PC Diagnostic software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richie76

Where can I source the software for a PC (and cables) so i can hook it up to diagnose boilers? The Worcester guy has it on his laptop and it's apparently available on the internet, but I can't find it!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

hello there jst regarding ur enquiry 4 software ,apparently i have a cd which has manual and diagnostic which sort of roots u through problems,but not a software ,if thats any good let me know on [email protected]

Ive not been able to locate any boiler diagnostic software on the net myself.

To be honest, can usually find the source of most boiler faults myself in no time, with the use of a multimeter and a wealth of experience, but its not always the case with "some" damn boilers is it :mad:

Any knows of the software, I'd be happy to try it out.

ring your manufacturer, they always willing to sell you something new. you buy there software to fix there boilers, i can already see them rubbing there hands in glee.
still beats being put on hold with technical department for 30 mins, as i enjoyed wasting my life this orning with vailant. thanks for that mr vailant.
good luck,
shaun

whats you website address fatoftheland
if your doing it right make some money out of it, id happily pay a bit for the ability
to download software, if you wanted to rake it in, installation manuals for all boilers
would be nice, if it saves me an hour finding and downloading one, and i had a reliable site to go to, i could stretch to a tenner for something like that. good luck mate
shaun

Once tried to collect all available UK boiler manuals, took me years and never managed it. Most of the manufacturers sent them for free. Anyway they must have weighed close on 1/2 tonne or 500kg if you like. I sent them to the recycler when I retired, nobody seemed interested in them. The old British Gas or Centrica if you like, had lots of them on Cd's that their guys took around with them, but the Cd's where expensive to buy. I often wondered if all the UK boiler manufacturers could not have done the same kind of thing as a promotion. Actually I think they did try but I have heard nothing about what happened. Try Potterton or Glow Worm or any of them to see what happens?

Hi Bazid,can I have a copy of the cd you have,it would be more than helpful
Regards, Terry.

Funnily enough most combis work roughly the same way. You may be better studying basic electronics than fault finding combi's, at least that way you could work out what was happening without having specific boiler manufacturer's knowledge.

ive got a boiler cd with hundreds of boiler servicing manuals on there if thats any help.

My mate is a BG engineer and he has a laptop with literally hundreds of manuals and parts lists on it, I'm sure its a BG "exclusive" thing but you must be able to source it from somewhere.

Just looked on Ebay and there seem to be loads on there.

Last edited:
thanks ds gas,that would be brilliant,could you upload the file to my e mail address or if not I will gladly pay for post and packing for a copy,
Regards, Tegsy.

Hi Nick H,there are loads of boiler manuals on e bay but not for diagnostics,BG wont give you a copy or sell it because its only for their use,I Also contacted Worcester but they
give the same reply. Regards, Tegsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe find a BG man who might let you "borrow" their laptop for a few hours, for a reasonable consideration obviously.

I would nick but everyone I see has a face like they just sucked a lemon.:D

I sent them to the recycler when I retired, nobody seemed interested in them.
Bernie you just brought tears to my eyes when I saw what you posted.

I run The Manuals Library and I would have happily paid good money for them and arranged collection.

theres a disc i have called gas installers workmate 3.0 which has loads of manuals on which is great if the customer doesnt have the manual them selves. and most manuals as you know have a fault finding table to go through (some better than others)!! there is a program which actually connects the boiler to the computer and when its on it shows you on the computer literally everything, and as an animated picture. but only BG have the software and the computers which only the software works on, iv heard its practicallt imposs to get hold off. but i takes away the fault finding experience anyway lol

oh by the way you can get gas installers workmate 3.0 as an app on the i phone. its small to read but if you didnt take your lap top out with you its handy to have as a backup

[DLMURL="http://www.gasinstallersworkmate.com/index.php/2011/10/gas-installers-workmate-mobile-boiler-manuals/"]GIW Mobile - Boiler Manuals on iPhone, iPad and Android | Gas Installers Workmate[/DLMURL]

available on i phone and android

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler PC Diagnostic software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock