Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiler over heats and turns off in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Daveafsmith

Daveafsmith New Member

Hi everyone.
    I have the old style boiler, basically last year it started not working after being on for 10 mins.. Replaced the pump and 3 way port valve cleared the lines, bled everything, cleaned it all out Etc. Literally done most things.

Basically it will work bit o my if I manually position the 3 port valve with the actual valve control taken off. It doesn't seem to change between heating and hot water. Is this a programmer issue or a pcb issue sitting th boiler, it can't be much else, surely.

Thanks for any help in advance. I gave up last year and spent the whole winter with the Emerson on, paying for it now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

When you remove the valve head does the spindle underneath move freely??

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Whos the pump manufacturer ?
    Defo on rightway round lol ?
    Valves open and clear ?

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Has the system been vented properly and as above, both pump valves open? 3 port wired in correctly? Could be a timer issue?

5. garygvl

garygvl Member

googled old style boiler came up with nowt

6. garygvl

garygvl Member

ps emerson played for arsenal didnt he

7. Harvest Fields

Also the Villa.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

I believe he still lives in Brum.

9. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

How about a nice picture of the boiler and valves.

10. garygvl

garygvl Member

god thats dedication

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. garygvl

garygvl Member

you really need to get someone out who knows what they are doing as your posts dont say you do

12. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Member

Could be possible that you have wired the 3-port valve incorrectly, also the programmer could be done for.

How about phoning a heating engineer, after all, that is what we are trained to do :)

13. Chuck

Chuck Top Contributor!!

You've put this image in my head of a long chain of heating engineers, each one phoning the next for advice, until the last one calls the first and the circle is complete...

• Funny Funny x 2