Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler not modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm looking at a British Gas 330 boiler made by Glow-worm. The boiler constantly cycles between flat out and off, rather than modulating as it should. I though it might me a blockage somewhere in the system which was preventing hot water get away so the boiler was going into over heat shut down. I've flushed the system but found little or no sludge. The pump appears to be working normally. The flow temperature never gets above 60 deg C. Essentially the boiler heats the house, but it must be horribly inefficient. Any ideas why it isn't modulating and running normally?

Thanks
peterc

Reply to Boiler not modulating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock