Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler making loud bang when firing up, and randomly after that .. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Glow worm flexicom cx 30
Howdy . Hopefully nothing to be too alarmed about .
The boiler is located under the window of the spare bedroom .
( small flat conversion )

The loud bang obviously starts when turning on boiler from thermostat in hallway . When it is on for a period of time it does the same again at different times .
I spoke to the boiler company , and I was advised to bleed the radiators . Of course loud bangs are not covered in this policy ,which I will soon be terminating .
I have had a couple of repairs already in the short time I've been in this flat .

Please can someone advise ?

Thanks

Hopefully nothing to be too alarmed about.

Wrong, IMO it's something to be very alarmed about. Get a Gas Safe Engineer out as a matter of urgency.

Explosions within a boiler may not destroy your house but the sudden increase of pressure can distort the casing and damage the seals. Even if it never goes 'bang' again it needs to be inpected by someone who knows what they are doing.

If it we're mine, it would have been shut it down after the first bang and not used again until it had been repaired.

Reply to Boiler making loud bang when firing up, and randomly after that .. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
H
Hi! If anyone is able to give any advice it's hugely appreciated! I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. I have a condensing combi boiler (Baxi Potterton Duo-Tec 33 Combi ErP) installed 2017. Works well and is serviced annually. In the loft above a bedroom. Only thing to perhaps mention is...
Replies
Views
Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise. I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start hearing one single bang when hot water is opened at any of taps around house. It sound like someone in other room will knock a radiator (not relly loud...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry but im after a bit of advice. I have a problem where my boiler randomly fires up 2/3/4 times a day when there is no call for heat or hot water. My setup: Unvented system Ideal HE 18 boiler ( installed around 2013) Tribune HE tank 2 zones (upstairs & downstairs) Plus hot water 3x...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock