Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler 'lock out' in high winds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a replacement Worcester boiler installed recently and seems to be working well, except...

Twice when it's been very windy overnight the boiler has gone into 'lock out' mode and I've had to go out and press the reset button in the morning.

The boiler is installed in an outside boiler room with its flue exiting up a 20 ft. vertical chimney that I believe has no cover/cap on top, it's just open. Is it possible the high wind can cause the boiler to 'lock out' like this? Am I just needing some sort of cap on the top of the chimney outlet to prevent this?

I realise there are many other reasons why it might 'lock out', but the coincidence of it only ever having occurred during stormy nights makes me think the high winds are causing it.

I would get the person who installed the boiler back as something doesn't sound right

Condenser needs a specific flue and vertical flue terminal.

Wasn't done on a government scheme was it?

Needs some kind of terminal at least. Get installer to sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler 'lock out' in high winds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have Worcester Bosch heatslave external oil boiler 18/25 Boiler locked out. Pressure was below 0.5 so brought pressure back up. When lock out is reset the burner attempts to light but sounds like a bag of spanners and cuts out again smelling strongly of oil. We have plenty of oil & the...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock