Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonytimms

I have a Worcester combi oil fired boiler about 10 years old that has been working ok but recently I have noticed that it fires very frequently, as often as once every 5 minutes, all day. It did not do this before. The thermostat on both the hot water and the central heating seem to work ok but even when I turn it down it still seems to fire just as frequently. My local engineer says it is the cold weather but I can't believe that as it's quite mild at the moment. Hope someone has an idea what causes this.

Regards

Is it fitted with a frost stat? if so it could be set wrong or faulty

You dont have a hot tap dripping/ running in the property. I Know it sounds obvious but is a possabillity

I have checked the hot water tap, it only has one on the kitchen sink and one in the bathroom, the shower is electric. I have also looked under the sink etc and can't see any leaks. The boiler is losing a bit of pressure but not much, probably about 0.5 bar every week.
Regards

I can't think of anything else at the moment, somebody else will though

Turn off the cold supply into the boiler there is an on/off valve on the cold in at the top of the boiler. This will just prove if there is a possibility of a leak somewhere that you cant see, if it stops you have a leak somewhere if not will go to the next stage.

probably about 0.5 bar every week....

We , I mean you ,have a problem Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the obvious bad news but what I am looking for is a solution.

Regards

hi, can you fiind/see any leaks on ch system/boiler ? is any water dripping from pressure relief pipe ? what pressure is on gauge when system hot ?
which model is boiler ?

Worcester man...doth though take the mickey???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler is firing every 5 minutes or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock