Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler I. D. For high reading on analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The change was brought about because the Coroner said that AR should be treated as more serious than was the case. If you read his statement, I think he meant that EVERYTHING we consider AR or ID should be ID. His proposals were watered down somewhat

What they should of done was put it like an mot fail or advisory but as usual gas safe messed it up.

It was condemned the gas was capped off. After also seeing the flue on that one I didn't and advised on a new boiler. The landlord has other boilers that have been condemned/capped for high emissions were the flues are not corrode though.

It was condemned the gas was capped off. After also seeing the flue on that one I didn't and advised on a new boiler. The landlord has other boilers that have been condemned/capped for high emissions were the flues are not corrode though.
I Have another one to look at with a high reading but the flue isn't totally corroded. So will be investigating the cause on this.

"At risk" is a strange term, at risk of what, who, when?

Too many think it means "At Risk of something in the far future when there could be a yellow moon, but basically I don't like the look of it, and don't have the confidence to decide I can leave it running, rather than risk hypothermia".

The boiler that I swapped had a ratio of 0.0092. And 678 Co ppm reading. With these kind of readings I presume it rules out a good clean of the burner etc, would fix?

The boiler that I swapped had a ratio of 0.0092. And 678 Co ppm reading. With these kind of readings I presume it rules out a good clean of the burner etc, would fix?

Not necessarily, I don’t get too many with high readings and they usually just want adjusting. In your instance though they may need a thorough investigation or new boiler?

Sorry to add to this thread again. I spoke to an older gas engineer about these boilers being condemned for high analayser readings. Alpha he 25s. He stated on a boiler of this age you don't need to analyse them when doing a landlord check. Anyone agree with this?

Matt,

You need to be reading the Mi’s on these boilers, this will, then tell you whether to analyse or not.

Thanks in the instructions it says nothing about analysing, it just saying in the benchmark if manufacturer requires analysing record ratio.

I rang Alpha technical up, and asked about the need to analyse this type of boiler. They said yes and I needed to be getting a ratio of less then 0.003 and less than 200pm. Which is less then the standard.

Reply to Boiler I. D. For high reading on analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock