Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Well you can clearly see the heat ex has rippled so either the system is badly sludged up or your system pump is running slow/seized and the system was getting warm from gravity circulation. I wonder, did the installer actually wire the pump into the boiler to handle the overrun and that’s whats goosed the hex

Out of interest, have you got his warning notice. Love to read what it says

That equipitential bonding is illegal for a start its after a tee

Wrong

Soldered tee is fine

Compression is ncs

Nothing wrong as it’s a sparkys remit

Reply to Boiler Heat Exchanger busted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
  • Question
We just had a service done on our Ideal ICOS boiler and were told that the 2 screws on the back of the heat exchanger have snapped off. It was marked as dangerous and has quoted a whole new heat exchanger as there are still bits of screws stuck inside that cannot be removed. For 2 broken screws...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on overheat even though the boiler and central heating is not on, i shut the boiler down for a while, clear the fault code and it will be fine again for...
Replies
Views
I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I purchased a 20-plate unit. However, when I removed the old part, it appears to have 12-14 plates. Is there any harm in installing a 20-plate exchanger...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock