Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh vogue. Inwas referring to the logic+ Vs vaillaint

What a load of. The pro and the plus are the same boilers apart from displays.

After spending years working for a company who mainly fitted glowworm and vailliant. I wouldn't fit one in my own home or in a customers unless they insisted.
Lost count of how many heat exchangers I flushed/ changed.

A lot of them were fitted by the company is was working for and were properly flushed with magnacleans fitted.
I fit logic+ and vogues as my choice.

Stainless steel heat exchangers prone to warping what tosh.
Vaillant also use stainless steel heat exchangers same as vogue.

From my experience only ever fitted 1 vaillant and it was ok but cant give a better report as ive not fitted enough to give an opinion on reliabilty.

Fitted loads of vogues and logics pluses and the vogue is superior.
Logics are a good boiler but without proper flushing and a good quality magnetic filter the diverter valve will fail. That said all new combis do that if not installed properly.

Stainless steel heat exchangers do warp when they're under or over pressure. That's why Vaillant have moved to a cast aluminium one on their new regular boilers.

Cast alloy ones are cheaper and easier to produce.

Any metal will warp under certain circumstances

I'm just coming up to two weeks of overnight losing pressure and 2 litres into a bucket from a Vogue. Three engineer visits and now waiting for parts for three days since the last one......

I'm just coming up to two weeks of overnight losing pressure and 2 litres into a bucket from a Vogue. Three engineer visits and now waiting for parts for three days since the last one......

To be fair, any boiler can do that. But there's no excuse for the lousy back up.

Into the third week, slowly getting worse - losing pressure and leaking 2L 30 mins after thermostat going off (no problem when heating demand). Over a week now awaiting spare part - don't know what it is, but hope its the offending bit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock