Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digger36

Moved into a 1920 5 bed detached and are replacing the whole plumbing and heating system.

I had decided on a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 combi boiler.

Having discussed this morning at a couple of local plumbers merchants they mentioned an Ideal Vogue 40.

The Ideal is about £230 less than the Vaillant, although money isn't the driver, reliability and performance is.

Id a lot of consultancy work for housing associations who previously used Ideal boilers ad ha no end of problems, although I appreciate hosing associations never specified the best of course due to the cost.

So my question is:

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837 or Ideal Vogue 40

Thank you in advance

Apologies for spelling and grammar mistakes. Not used to the wife's laptop keyboard!

Vogue all day long.

Ideal used to have a lot of problems with their previous generation of boilers but a very different picture now.

The Vogue is THE premium domestic boiler nowadays IMO.

I had a similar choice, and opted for the Vogue. Haven't regretted it yet, and the 10 years warranty gives serious peace of mind.

Every installer has his favourites, but I have yet to meet someone who has actually installed a Vogue, and not been impressed. As Masood says, it right up there with the best of the premium products.

Thats not to say that the Vaillant isn't a class product, because its also very good.

I had a similar choice, and opted for the Vogue. Haven't regretted it yet, and the 10 years warranty gives serious peace of mind.

Every installer has his favourites, but I have yet to meet someone who has actually installed a Vogue, and not been impressed. As Masood says, it right up there with the best of the premium products.

Thats not to say that the Vaillant isn't a class product, because its also very good.

10 year warranty isnt worth the paper its written on unless its a brand new system and flushed from new

10 year warranty isnt worth the paper its written on unless its a brand new system and flushed from new

Total nonsense. Warranty applies on all components, not just water-carrying ones. I had a failed gas valve on an Independent, and was offered an engineer visit next day, or a replacement valve. New one was couriered to me same day, arrived before 9 next morning, no questions asked.

That's top-notch customer service and installer support.

Total nonsense. Warranty applies on all components, not just water-carrying ones. I had a failed gas valve on an Independent, and was offered an engineer visit next day, or a replacement valve. New one was couriered to me same day, arrived before 9 next morning, no questions asked.

That's top-notch customer service and installer support.

thats fine but my post was down the road of heat exchangers etc

Why not fit an Unvented and system boiler rather than a Combi ?

I don't understand why every one wants a combi, fair enough for small properties but this is a 5 bed house 2+ bathrooms ?

thats fine but my post was down the road of heat exchangers etc

Yeah, but 10-year warranty is on the whole boiler! :)

In any case, even on old systems, if you flush properly, check TDS and turbidity and add enough inhibitor, manufacturers will honour the warranty. You only need to get within 10% of mains. Just need to remember to top up inhibitor at the 5-year service... :)

Yeah, but 10-year warranty is on the whole boiler! :)

In any case, even on old systems, if you flush properly, check TDS and turbidity and add enough inhibitor, manufacturers will honour the warranty. You only need to get within 10% of mains. Just need to remember to top up inhibitor at the 5-year service... :)

yea but with old rads its the same after a year or two ive had a few that have tried to wiggle out of warrenty's

Last edited:
I thought Ideal had 7 year warranty, or is that just Logic?
Vaillant went from 7 up to 10 recently

Ive found ideal tip top on warranty call outs. only happened a couple of times but come out. Ive even got them out free of charge once to fix an old faulty isar for a poster on the forum . Baxi pain in the arris tried to blame me so stopped fitting em.

Ecotec Pro 7 years
Ecotec Plus 10 years

If it's got a 10 year warranty then go for whatever letter of the alphabet you fancy. There all a much of a muchness now it's only engineers who prefer this that or the other.

I don't understand why every one wants a combi, fair enough for small properties but this is a 5 bed house 2+ bathrooms ?

Cos they're easy to install ;) Is the Vogue system boiler as highly regarded as their combi's seems to be?

Fitted a couple of vogue systems seem equally as nice and easy to work on

I am with you Matt. Belt and braces if boiler goes down you still have hot water running multiple outlets

People just love the space made by no cylinder. I agree invented every time if it's do-able

With a 5 bed place i am sure it could be sited somewhere suitable. :smile:

Personally I'd go with the company with the best track record, and that isn't Ideal! There reliability record is poo, to say the least. The new boilers are better definitely, but they're not old enough to be proven in my mind.
Any boiler should be reliable for a couple of years, it's the next ten that matter.

No doubt mate but homeowners don't see it like that

no and they complain when they cant run 2 baths at the same time :)

Once i get over the Ideal history and the pain they have caused..not me as I was lucky.....there is not much between the two boilers....look after both ..maybe 5 vaillant to 1 Ideal...but both tick along well..but must say...liking the new vaillants...class..lnside and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler choice: Ideal or Vaillant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock