Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler briefly calling for heat after shutting cold water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys any help or advice would be good, I have a Ariston Clas eco he 30 combi boiler it’s only 9 moths installed but just noticed that it occasionally calls for heat if just after the cold water tap is closed it’s litteralky a second the icon for head comes on n then off I’m assuming that’s not a normal function I know you can hear the valve open n shutting but the brief signal for heat isn’t normal is it plus will it be doing any harm to the boiler?

Fit a double check valve on the cold supply to the boiler with a mini shock arrestor between to protect your boiler this will stop it . cheers kop

You possibly have some poor pipework somwhere ie a section capped off leading off a tee , some boilers do seem prone to this . If you cant sort the pipework a mini arrestor should sort it .

The flow switch in the boiler is sensing movement of water in the supply which feeds the boiler stop that and it will sort the problem out , a mini arrestor protects components on the hydroblock within the boiler personally i would get it done under a £100 fix , get a leak inside the boiler it could be very expensive. Cheers kop

Guys just an update in case you were loosing sleep basically it was what was expected deal leg where old cylinder was my neighbour is a plumber but we would need to lift floors to get all the old pipe out so he stuck a fitting on n bled it as was full of air n boom all good no longer is it asking for heat, thanks for all the help guys

dead legs on cold / drinking water really should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler briefly calling for heat after shutting cold water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock