Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and or pipes persisntely leaking.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

My mother had a Worcester combi boiler fitted just over 10 years ago and in the start it was a great comfort, unfortunately there have been leaks pretty much every year. She does have insurance cover with Swalec and each time they are here they say the boiler is one of the best and she is just unlucky. The last 10 days along though she has had two leaks from the pipes under the boiler and each fix took the plumbers up to 2 hours, plus the last fix now has all the pipes clunking loudly when the water taps are shut off quickly.

I was hoping someone may have some advice on what I should do and what I may say to Swalec to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

As it is a combi i would expect a shock arrestor to be fitted to the incoming cold mains pipe.

It usually looks something like this -

https://www.screwfix.com/p/reflex-expansion-vessel-shock-arrestor-0-16ltr/8199v#_=p

Altecnic Water Shock Arrester 525040

This absorbs the shock load when 1/4 taps are quickly turned off or a washing machine closes the cold fill valve suddenly causing a shock load in the system.

These are designed to reduce/eliminate leaks caused by repeated shock loading to the system over a period of time.

You may find that one of these will reduce future problems with the boiler,

Thanks,

Andy

I would agree with Andy. Shock arrestors are rarely fitted, despite Worcester recommending there use.

Faced with a 10 year old boiler with repeated issues, I would suggest you get someone else in too take a look. It may even be time for a new boiler, depending on whether the boiler or pipework is at fault.

A second opinion wouldn’t hurt, how old is the actual heating system Radiators, pipework, etc and is everything lagged that you know of?

Reply to Boiler and or pipes persisntely leaking.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock