Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked new plastic pipe or other issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
We've just had a loft conversion done with a bedroom and shower room with a rad in each room. The rads are fed from 15mm pipes to bathroom rad on floor below and apart from tails to both rads and from existing copper pipe all new pipes are 15mm plastic with JG push fit connectors. Found the other day the rad in the bedroom was not heating up. (Not moved into the room yet as just been decorating it). Towel heater in the shower room has always worked.
Initially thought was TRV and removed it but wasn't the issue. Drained system down to take TRV off and noticed the water in the pipe wasn't draining away.
From this concluded pipe was blocked. Tried blowing down pipe with pump (saw this on line) the little bit of water that came out was dirty looking but didn't clear it (pressure went up to 6 bar). Tried putting a wire down pipe, it went to where I assume the juction is to split to shower room and stopped, but didnt clear it. I disconnected the feed from the bathroom below and pumped air from other end, but still no joy. Any suggestion on how to clear or what it actually is appreciated. Expect I am missing something obvious!
(Sorry for long post but thought might help to have context.)

Maybe its trapped (squashed) under the floor or in the wall whichever it goes through.

Hope there is no isolating valves fitted inline? Maybe turned off.
Lots of idiots use them as a quick and easy connection.

Thanks Snowhead. I hope not... The cable I shoved down there was quite thick and went to the wall where i think the split is to the towel heater. But if it is I'm not sure how I can check without ripping floor up or knocking holes in the bathroom wall...

Possibly Best. It would have to be after the split to the towel heater as that works, but I wouldn't put anything past our builders!

Thanks for advice. Found the issue. After taking floor boards up and knocking quite a few holes in the ceiling of the bathroom below I eventually found this...
Image-1.jpg
(Kink in pipe). But it's not the plumber who installed pipework and radiators' fault apparently.

Wow! Whose fault is it then?
Only person who could have done that to the pipe was the person who pulled the end of the pipe into position.
Typical builders 'plumber' work
Glad you found the fault

I would replace the damaged part and not just to straighten it as it could burst later on

My thoughts exactly Best. Was going to cut pipe and fit straight coupler (with couple of inserts). Am I ok cutting the plastic pipe with a 'copper pipe' cutter?

My thoughts exactly Best. Was going to cut pipe and fit straight coupler (with couple of inserts). Am I ok cutting the plastic pipe with a 'copper pipe' cutter?

no wont work needs to be a plastic cutter are worse case hacksaw and a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked new plastic pipe or other issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock