Search the forum,

Discuss Black walls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carl rugman

Hi guys

I have a question which is puzzling me. I have just come back from my parents house and have noticed that they have black sooty walls above their rads. Thay have a worcester heatslave oil boiler. The house doesnt smell of fumes. it is if the rads are full of oil but they are not and they dont leak. Any ideas

Carl
plumbing trainee

Lol. It's because they don't keep the dust under control. It rises in the convection current of the radiator and marks walls.

Dust and muck, sounds bad but see it a lot, sucked up and brushing against wall from convection from rads.

sounds like mould to me is there much moisture in the air? or even dirt lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me, that if the blackening is within approx 12"/18" of the radiator tops, and when you wipe with your finger little or no difference ( like wiping dust /just spreads), then its dust....as already suggested.
If its higher up ( the higher , the more likely it may be mould)

you need a gas safe engineer to clean the walls for you :), they are not cheap tho.

I have a pretty powerful steam cleaner that I use to shoot down the rads. Do that a few times a year to clear out the dust and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black walls? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock