Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bidet with mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. CrazyFool

CrazyFool New Member

Hey guys

I've done plenty of welding but this will be my first copper soldering project and looking for some advice.

I want to install one of these next to the toilet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BHJMZGN/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_QFVuCb41V1QRW

and want to put a mixer before it.

I would like to keep the mixer near the toilet. I can take the cold water pipe from the flush and can take hot water from below the sink 2 meters away.

Will this mixer do?:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermostat...words=thermostatic&refinements=p_72:419153031

Are there any cheaper/better alternatives?
    Is there a way to mount the mixer to the wall?
    I'll have to install a tee under the sink to steal hot water from.
    Whats the easiest way to finish this project with minimal pipe cutting/soldering?

Thanks in advance

CF

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

These can only be installed in very specific circumstances to conform to water regs. My advice, don't bother.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Bit more to it than that I`m afraid, use the search box for bidet spray to see previous on this,

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yeah very hard and costly to install to regs

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CrazyFool

CrazyFool New Member

Thanks for the replys fellas.
    I didn't even consider regs!

Am I right in thinking that if its not a commercial property or fitted by a proper plumber, and its for my personal use and nobody elses then I can fit it outside of regs?

Cheers

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Craig Watson

Why don't we have a banging head against wall emoji?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

Of course you’re not right in thinking that. You clearly have no understanding of what you are considering - not really your fault in a way, these kits should not be sold.
    Contaminating the water supply will happen whether you are a proper plumber or not. Don’t do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

No you are not correct.

If you go ahead & install this (without the required air gap) then there is a real risk that you will contaminate your own but more importantly my drinking water mains supply which could kill!!!

Be warned if that happens you will be prosecuted, most likely for manslaughter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Riley

You will be fined pro or not. Regs aren’t just nice to haves, it’s not just your mains. You’re talking category 5 water

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Craig Watson

Tough one that, the trouble is, they aren't actually illegal to install. It's more where and how they are installed that make them an issue and that comes down to consumer knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Riley

No they aren’t but to flippantly disregard the water regs because you don’t fancy following them is callous to say the least

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

Chris I know what you mean. Trouble is lack of consumer knowledge and integrity, as evidenced by OP.
    I’d like to go down the route of only sold through independent merchants, who would use there judgement to only sell to those they know are competent - a bit like how it is with strong drain cleaners now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Riley

It’s too difficult to police mate and merchants won’t pass up a sale. We have had this argument so many times re gas products

14. Craig Watson

I agree but again it comes down to consumer knowledge. How many D.I.Yers out there actually have any understanding of the water regs? They really need plumbing to be regulated the same as gas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Riley

Agreed but again there are too many people that would lose out financially