Search the forum,

Discuss Biasi Riva Compact combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jacko

Gas Engineer
Hello All
The pump proving switch on the above named boiler does not retract.
As soon as the boiler is pressurised the pin comes out even with no power to the boiler.
The pin is not warped, the diaphragm has been replaced and there is no debri behind the diaphragm.
What causes the pump proving switch to be fully out with no demand on?

We take discussion like this off open forum to avoid prying eyes. Stick around there’s some really knowledgeable guys

hes gas safe reg help away will sort it out

Have you tested the micro switch withyou multi meter ?
The flow switch works fine. Once reset I can create a demand and manually engage the switch and the boiler fires up, when I then release the switch the burners go off. The pin on the manifold stays out on goes down when the boiler is depressurised.

Do you have any lights flashing? Could be a weak pump or PCB
When the pump stops after a demand the lights flash indicating a primary circuit or no flow fault. I assume if it was a weak pump the pin wouldn’t come out fully, this pin comes out fully and that happens even with the power isolated???

I would check for a blockage on one of the connecting pipes, try using a magnet around the pipes to the flow switch.
Hello all thanks for your help,I changed the complete flow manifold and it’s all working now. The fault was limescale build up in the manifold stopping the pin retracting. There are no connecting pipes to this boiler, once the pressure of the boiler stops the pin should retract.

Reply to Biasi Riva Compact combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi Guys, Have a Biasi Riva Compact HE MK2 32 SM/C. Boiler is not igniting for heating or ho water. The operating light is flashing green however when a hot tap or heating is turned on the light keeps flashing green and boiler is not going through ignition sequence. Any ideas, gas supply is...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock