Search the forum,

Discuss BG how much are they charging combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve2010

Hi all does anybody know how much bgas are charging now for a combi swap and install new one, on average now that they have lowered their prices and what combis are they installing thanks.

straight swap with flush(all in a day 3 guys so not a major flush) and combimag and wireless stat 3000.00 round london but using cheapo potterton or baxi boiler

straight swap with flush(all in a day 3 guys so not a major flush) and combimag and wireless stat 3000.00 round london but using cheapo potterton or baxi boiler
what chepo baxi or potterton combis? which models are you refering to?

Hi all does anybody know how much bgas are charging now for a combi swap and install new one

About 50% more than your local independent plumbers.

depends, they wont go up ladder, and will require scaffolding on some jobs lol. iv heard of some straight swaps in my area for ÂŁ3500, compared to the 1800 I would charge

around ÂŁ2000 straight swap...so installations claim.

They do go up ladders, all the time, and yes some vertical flues will require scaffolding. Same for everyone surely.

it depends on region, that new price is only on trial in certain areas(it's going really well) so it will vary

Nah, Iv seen loads of jobs they have priced for, and allowed scaffolding where it really wasnt nesscessary. Can do most things off a ladder if somebody is footing it.

thing is an engineer fell off, so when it came to blame the engineer got blamed for not working to health and safety guidelines (he got no compo and they wanted to stop his sick pay) so guess what happened next!!

thing is an engineer fell off, so when it came to blame the engineer got blamed for not working to health and safety guidelines (he got no compo and they wanted to stop his sick pay) so guess what happened next!!

Doing the work off a ladder would of been complying with health and safety, I would understand if it was crazy height

Had to work off a triple ladder this week,no likey,did gsr on potterton prima and inner end flue all corroded along with terminal,as they do,got replacement inner flue and terminal kit,however in pottertons wisdom have made kit shorter than original,so had to cut outer flue shorter from ladder,cut easy enough,some would say to easy
I am not afraid of hieghts,if I have a job to do ,will do it,but older I get,the less I like it,age brings on so many wimpisums:(
ps just so I stay on topic of thread,bg still charge alot!!Thankfully

Last edited by a moderator:
BG quote on Ideal Elan Y plan conversion to Combi I saw this week.
28i WB Junior,Magnaclean,RF stat Analogue Clock ÂŁ2500 exc VAT.Customer has Scrappage Voucher.That is very cheap for BG,and I was shown it after pricing at ÂŁ2475 for Viessmann 35kW 100 everything else the same.Now the boiler is far better but BG were VERY cheap on this one I think.

How can they charge that much when a basic boiler of this kind only seems to cost around ÂŁ500. Even if it takes three guys all day that suggest a labour rate of ÂŁ100 per hour including VAT. Surely there is a discount for a large amount of labour all in one block with three guys all travelling there together?:eek:

How can they charge that much when a basic boiler of this kind only seems to cost around ÂŁ500. Even if it takes three guys all day that suggest a labour rate of ÂŁ100 per hour including VAT. Surely there is a discount for a large amount of labour all in one block with three guys all travelling there together?:eek:

ÂŁ2100 today !! up here in gods country it dosn't matter if 3 people do it the price is still the same

one guy opens the box the next puts the kettle on and the third goes to the van for a *** -----BG-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG how much are they charging combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock