Search the forum,

Discuss Beware of emergency response group westcliff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi a word of warning about a company called emergency response group / emergency repair group., anyone who has worked for them or has called them for a repair beware myself and hundreds of other people have been conned from them, they charge extortionate amounts and make it impossible for you too have the job done as they charge treble what other companies charge .i have heard from people also they do not lay there workers was charged £162 for a call out of five minutes then quoted anothe £598 for a circuit board, I was furious .

I'm not sure why you think this is an appropriate place to complain about a company. Talk to them, your solicitor, or your local Trading Standards Department.

Thanks for the heads up Sammy j......check out the trusted plumber forum on here ...regards Turnpin:)

They sound like one of many companies operating like this tbh.

hi a word of warning about a company called emergency response group / emergency repair group., anyone who has worked for them or has called them for a repair beware myself and hundreds of other people have been conned from them, they charge extortionate amounts and make it impossible for you too have the job done as they charge treble what other companies charge .i have heard from people also they do not lay there workers was charged £162 for a call out of five minutes then quoted anothe £598 for a circuit board, I was furious .

To be honest you can end up paying anything from 100-600 for PCB as it depends on the make and some of the cheaper brands charge a fortune for parts. And call out charges vary from company to company, if you call me out after 6pm then it will be 100 to come out then 40 pounds per hour after that......i dont think that is ripping people off and if you don't want to pay that then you can wait till the next day and I'll come for free. Its to stop people taking the p*** and calling me out at all hours.

Next time you call someone out ask about the charges up front.

Not really sure what you are moaning about, £162 would have been including VAT, you have not said what time of day or night the call out was, you were told what the problem was!, would you have been happier if the engineer had of took the hour you were charged to tell you that the pcb was faulty??????
You would have been informed of the charges when you booked the job and gave your credit card details.
It was up to you if you wanted to accept the quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Beware of emergency response group westcliff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock