Search the forum,

Discuss Best/worst tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best would be my Record pipe benders that my dad bought me when I started my apprenticeship. Still going strong.

Worst would be cheap hacksaw blades.

Best tool is my girlfriends rabbit
Worst is the cheap asda battery's she puts in it :(

Best Tool - Bahco Wide Jaw Spanner
Favourite Tool - Lenox Hacksaw - its a beast
Worst Tool - Stanley Pliers - came free with something else, cant even grip hard enough to hurt your hand, i tried!

Best tool: Milwaukee m18 sds. So handy to just pull out and whack out a hole. Saving time setting up leads and will drill pretty much anything considering its weight.

Favourite: love the newer rothenberger waste slices. Fly through in one turn leaving a perfectly cut end.

Worst tool: anything from hold on! AVOID

Just been reading thread , and would like to add bahco wooden handle junior hacksaw as best junior you can buy , little difficult to get hold of these days , howy.

I've got to disagree, I've never found a better pipe slice that the Nerrad versions, they give an almost square cut with little burring, and I don't know what area your from gas safe but in my 20 years experience rothenberger haven't given me what I would call customer service at all, and you've only ever had 2 problems with their tools and both times they've been a pleasure to deal with handing out goodie bags of other peoples products?..... What's your secret buddy? How come you get great service? Who you sleeping with!? :) do they have a sister?

With the pencils, ikea do me cheap. (Free) just fill your pockets. Although the missus buys ÂŁ100 worth of tat every time I walk in there

With the pencils, ikea do me cheap. (Free) just fill your pockets. Although the missus buys ÂŁ100 worth of tat every time I walk in there

me too.
I don't use them too much myself . I li a good pencil. they are great for when someone borrows 'steels ' one

Best tool: AM TEC (12") spanner, had it ever since I was an apprentice, comfortable rubber grip and got me out a lot of trouble.
Worst tool: cheap tape measures. Will get you through half a week but not long after. I would put that being as bad as cheap pencils

Gotta disagree, I hate disagreeing with guys with trusted and pub member next to their name but I find olive cutters kick bum. I only use them on over tightened olives, a skilled hand and a set of grips can remove any olive but if it's strangled.... Out come the olive cutters and bang, off in seconds. :)
Yay!!

Gotta disagree, I hate disagreeing with guys with trusted and pub member next to their name but I find olive cutters kick bum. I only use them on over tightened olives, a skilled hand and a set of grips can remove any olive but if it's strangled.... Out come the olive cutters and bang, off in seconds. :)
Yay!!

Disagreeing is fine as long as it is backed up with something, it what makes us human.

Everyone disagrees, my and my stomach often disagree with each other after one too many sherbets

Yay!!
What olive cutters do you have. The ones I have used in the past don't work on strangled olives which is why I dont have any.

Anyway if its been strangled I always cut back the pipe and redo it.
Asking for trouble remaking a joint on a strangled pipe end imho

No wonder you need that big van of yours, Kris. You've filled half of it with pencils!

I've got the guillotine type cutters, not the 1 size fits all screw type, you need 1 for each size of pipe, I have 1 for 15mm and 1 for 22mm, only really ever use the 15 to be fair, and it's usually on rad valves. Your right though if the pipes too distorted I just cut it back but if it's only a little indent a fresh olive usually seals up fine. They look like my old monument cutters but I think they're Nerrad? If your thinking of giving me a try Kay-jay start with the 15mm, you'd get a lot more use out of it.

And plumbstar Tom your right, I had a few drinks last night that are still disagreeing with me now!

Badboy, are they the red handled ones ?

I've got the guillotine type cutters, not the 1 size fits all screw type, you need 1 for each size of pipe, I have 1 for 15mm and 1 for 22mm, only really ever use the 15 to be fair, and it's usually on rad valves. Your right though if the pipes too distorted I just cut it back but if it's only a little indent a fresh olive usually seals up fine. They look like my old monument cutters but I think they're Nerrad? If your thinking of giving me a try Kay-jay start with the 15mm, you'd get a lot more use out of it.

And plumbstar Tom your right, I had a few drinks last night that are still disagreeing with me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best/worst tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock