Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best way to box in old shower mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. SteveKent

SteveKent New Member

I have recently had a small leak from the shower mixer unit, it was seeping from the finger tightened plastic knob on the right hand side of the mixer.

Having to smash the tiles and chisel out all the concrete from around the mixer, I'd rather no just plaster the whole thing in again just in cast I need access to the mixer in the future.

What would be the best way to replace the tiles, but have an easily removed panel or something please?

And if I can find a way to add a photo, I would.

Hopefully, the link works...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cGV2Wk9LOGN6SE1LM2pVMUxqOXEyUkxwVUxVbkZn

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Replace the shower with a surface mounted one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

As H has advised take the opportunity to replace the shower with a surface mounted one that unit looks quite old and your problem will be solved . Cheers kop

• Agree Agree x 1