Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

Opinions please unvented fitters, what do you think is the best unvented cylinder on the market. I am G3 registered before you ask.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Gledhill my go too

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I used to like the centerbrand / plumbs cylinders but they seem to have got too expensive.
    Ultrasteel cylinders are Tribunes with grey lids , they take some beating.

4. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Megaflo if not a tenanted property or in a loft.

5. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

2nd that

6. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

I personally like vaillant unistore

7. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Vaillant.
    Gledhill are OK and have good customer service. I do not like the coil. That's the only thing that puts me off a bit.

8. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

Thanks for the replies everyone, thought there may have been more opinions than that obviously not controversial enough. ;)

9. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Oh there are hundreds of them out there to choose from.
    Pays your money, takes your choice.
    Just don't go too cheap there are some very thin stainless units out there.

10. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hate megaflo with a passion. Which is funny because I went on to fit many a centre brand one, made by heatrae.
    Swapped onto Warmflow, but only did a couple. Didn't come with compression connectors so you needed a fitting for every connection,
    Now using RM, quite happy with them.

11. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber Top Contributor!!

Why not Chris & Bogrodder??

12. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber Top Contributor!!

If you need 28mm C & H connections the Dutypoint Element is worth considering.

13. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

I thought gledhill make vaillants cylinders

14. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

because of the way you recharge the air gap customers can do it themselves if shown how tenants won't

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

i like Oso cylinders as the smaller ones the pressure vessels are hidden by the lid you can remove them without any pipe cutting if there is a problem as all pipes can come up behind, also the drain off is at the bottom of the cylinder so nothing left in the cylinder.

• Informative Informative x 1