Discuss Best unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DGT plumbing

Gas Engineer
Opinions please unvented fitters, what do you think is the best unvented cylinder on the market. I am G3 registered before you ask.

Gledhill my go too

I used to like the centerbrand / plumbs cylinders but they seem to have got too expensive.
Ultrasteel cylinders are Tribunes with grey lids , they take some beating.

Vaillant.
Gledhill are OK and have good customer service. I do not like the coil. That's the only thing that puts me off a bit.

Thanks for the replies everyone, thought there may have been more opinions than that obviously not controversial enough. ;)

Oh there are hundreds of them out there to choose from.
Pays your money, takes your choice.
Just don't go too cheap there are some very thin stainless units out there.

Hate megaflo with a passion. Which is funny because I went on to fit many a centre brand one, made by heatrae.
Swapped onto Warmflow, but only did a couple. Didn't come with compression connectors so you needed a fitting for every connection,
Now using RM, quite happy with them.

i like Oso cylinders as the smaller ones the pressure vessels are hidden by the lid you can remove them without any pipe cutting if there is a problem as all pipes can come up behind, also the drain off is at the bottom of the cylinder so nothing left in the cylinder.

I thought gledhill make vaillants cylinders
First I've heard of it if they do.
The coil in Gledhill is a flexible one and I had an issue with noise from one. They sorted it no problem at all and the customer service was brilliant.

i was told by someone who worked at gledhill that they were, the person worked at a pretty well known plumbing supplier before and went back after she worked at gledhill, so no reason not to believe them

Reply to Best unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back