Search the forum,

Discuss Best place to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasTIG

Who offers the best prices on, well, everything.

Just tried to set up an account with City Plumbing and I've been told I need a utility bill which I don't have (still live at home). I don't even know if there prices are any good.

Right now I need to buy some radiators. Anyone know a good store in the West Yorkshire area?

Until you have a trade account your terms will be the same as anybody, once you are buying regular you will get better terms from your supplier. Screwfix are just as cheap as most places but just try a couple of different merchants and ask for prices.

If you're trade then we have Williams & co that do online sales and deliver to much of the UK. I'm sure Ray the MD will be along in a bit or you could look them up

I found city plumbing expensive on the little things.

Boilers rads etc most places are much the same but fittings etc they were really expensive.

Set up cash accounts and get prices for say a full heating system and compare the prices.

I've used Williams in the past and they have been good but I liked using my local as if there was a problem then I could get things sorted that day.

I find its a balancing act between quality, price and availability.
Don't love screwfix as some stuff comes out a little too cheap.
I do like BES they are mail order at decent price with no varying terms and good quality as they are gas and plumbing wholesaler, they are great for gas and LPG fittings but no big items.
I like to use my local independent for plumbing stuff but mostly use Plumb/parts centre for next day availability and being able to get anything through account.

Most merchants will open a cash account for you. After you have built up a history with them, turn it into a credit account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best place to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock