Search the forum,

Discuss Best make of shower tray to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cruise

Hi

I have made some bathroom decisions according to your expert views on this site.

Please can someone recommend top brands for shower trays?

I had Zamori in mind but was put off because someone said acrylic was no good! So am looking at what was suggested stone resin trays - have anyone heard of 'Volente' shower trays from Eastbrook co.?
What are the best materials for shower trays? Is there a top make for stone resin trays?

Many thanks in advance!
Cruise

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, Mira flight for me every time, with or without up stand. Look and feel solid and if i remember right trap is included.

Thanks everyone for your views.

However, I am still undecided whether to go for 'acrylic capped / PU foam filler /steel frame' or 'acrylic capped stone resin tray'.
I like stone but have to also consider acrylic because shower door I brought require a tray lip of 70mm to fit a glass guider (which measures 62mm).......stone resin seems to have a tray lip 65mm. Do you think I can risk it buying a stone resin tray?

My choices of shower trays are:
-Zamori (acrylic capped/ PU foam/ steel frame)
-Volente (eastbrook) acrylic capped stone resin
- MX (Elements) ABS stone resin
- MX (Durastone) ?think this is acrylic / polymer foam

Can I ask the experts which one they would choose and why? Or please let me know if a make is no good.

Thanks again for your help!

Sorry Plum Bob 66 - I did want the mira tray as you suggested - it is very good as adviced by you all. But I am worried about the waste access being on the shorter side of tray (my toilet is beside the front half of tray about a gap of 20cm thus this would be a very tight squeeze if i need access to the waste. I thought about turning tray so waste is opposite of shower head so easier access to waste but would this be not so effective at draining?

The above trays are probably my second best due to the waste positioning as central waste on longer side of tray is easier access if something needs to be done to it.

Thanks again!

Provided the fall on your waste pipe is correct I would see no problems either way .

A few years back I fitted a fair few Matki (I think it is) And they were really good quality but a bit pricey as well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best make of shower tray to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock