Search the forum,

Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well second wk now. was impressed first wk but did a lot of floor work this wk and the material strip around the rubber keeps moving to one side and bunching up . have others had this . what are snikers floorlayers like

well second wk now. was impressed first wk but did a lot of floor work this wk and the material strip around the rubber keeps moving to one side and bunching up . have others had this . what are snikers floorlayers like

Take it off and try without it.

Don`t throw away though, guess they could always be fixed in place with a needle and thread.

I still think they have yet to make the ultimate knee pad! Iv tried;
All foam type ones - wear down to nothing where your kneeling :(
Red backs - okay, but the trousers weigh a ton in the morning, too bulky!
Snickers floor layers - pretty good, but really bulky, like smuggling pillows in your knee pad pockets :(
I now wear no knee pads & use a small kneeling mat or a larger one on jobs where I'm working in front of a boiler etc.

Love my floor layers. Best investment I've made in my long term health. You get used to them after a while wear them every work day without fail. Which is odd seeing as I'm a window cleaner

Is that the ones like bean bags lol

I've found the critical thing to look out for with strap-on knee pads is the material and positioning of the actual strap.

It has to be a single stretchy strap and postioned at the bottom rear end of the pad (where it can sit on top of the calf instead of bunching at the back of the knee), other than that I don't care what they're made from but I quite like these atm, think they are made by Nailers.

[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Heavy-Duty-Knee-Pads-Black/p/186922"]Wickes Heavy Duty Knee Pads Black | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying the red backs at the moment in my snickers. They are good but a little small and a bit too heavy to stay where I want them in the knee pocket. Could do with being longer really it's easy to miss them as you kneel.

well with this warm weather the weight of the redback in pocket pulls the unit below the knee then when going up steps several times now its hooked under the knee and I have gone flying. I think they are more suited to top loading trousers . mine are bottom and they keep ripping the Velcro open

well with this warm weather the weight of the redback in pocket pulls the unit below the knee then when going up steps several times now its hooked under the knee and I have gone flying. I think they are more suited to top loading trousers . mine are bottom and they keep ripping the Velcro open
Yeah they need improvement. The padding and concept of the protective material is great but the fit and positioning needs work.

Red backs okay but too heavy & bulky

Snickers carpet layer ones comfy but too bulky & cause the trousers to cut into the back of your legs!

I don't wear knee pads anymore & Use kneeling mats where I'm working!

Just seen an advert in a magazine red backs can be obtained with a strap for wearing with shorts

Got redbacks, find them good, but you really need top loading knne pouches on your trousers to use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock