Search the forum,

Discuss Best fittings for lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I need to replace some lead water main in a house thats being renovated
Its approximatly 20mm OD
What are the best fittings to use?
Lead Loc or a universal fitting like plasson or philmac?

On a house that is being renovated I would want to remove all lead work, - at the very least to outside if entire underground mains not to be immediately replaced.
Philmac I have used on outside pipes

universal fitting not hassle i like philmac but thats me

I am going to cut where it enters the property and recommend they get the external pipework updated.
Whats the likley Internal diameter of 20mm lead?

I am going to cut where it enters the property and recommend they get the external pipework updated.
Whats the likley Internal diameter of 20mm lead?

14-16mm ish

Hi Scott my personal choice would be a lead loc...not 100% sure as I've not used a Philmac transition coupling but I believe you have an element of adjustment when it's tightened up.....someone will correct me if I'm wrong all I would add is to position it where you can get at it in future i.e. Not behind kitchen units.....regards Turnpin:)

On a house that is being renovated I would want to remove all lead work, - at the very least to outside if entire underground mains not to be immediately replaced.
Philmac I have used on outside pipes
Sound advice from Best as per normal.....regards Turnpin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best fittings for lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed. The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the Actuator head, however I have found the actuator is stuck on H (Heating), I have turned down both heating and cylinder stat - still stuck on H. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
What products are you using to repair lead mains? Philmac, leadloc or others.
Replies
Views
B
Hi there, Have bought an old house and am having the old lead water mains pipe replaced and a new stopcock location/piping installed after massively high readings from water testing by the water company. Also buying new plastic water tank to start afresh so to speak. Pipework/joinery looks to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock