Search the forum,

Discuss Best fitting to use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I need to connect onto what I believe is an old 1 inch iron water main. What’s fitting do you guys recommend to join onto it to go to 25mm blue poly?

Cheers

Just pipe at the mo, but I might dig back some more to find a fitting.

Does that fitting just tighten onto the iron pipe like it does the blue poly then?

Yes

Reply to Best fitting to use? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Looking to see what iron pipe part can fit a 10mm ball joint? In this pic there is a part that connects the ball joint (or whatever they are called) to the 1/2 inch pipe. I am looking to connect to a 3/4 inch pipe. Are there any threads that do this? Thanks I have been told that in North...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. I hope one of you may have the answer i am looking for. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply and they break all the time. I too have them istalled based the manufacturer requirments but i believ the water pressure is too high and they don't last long. I was...
Replies
Views
Christos83
C
P
Hi I have a leaking joint on my mains supply. The joint is where a metal service pipe is joined to blue mpde. I have never seen a joint like this before. It says it is a 25mm or 3/4”. The joint has a tapered ridged insert but when I put 25mm mpde onto it, it is very loose. Not sure if something...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock