Search the forum,

Discuss Best "fast track" Gas course/training Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading several comments on this I spoke to training centres and they are all offering In-house on the job training,

so no need for gas safe engineers to train you up.

however I asked if i could do it with a gas engineer and just do the training at the centre, this seemed to confuse them.

pass gas safe registration? not sure i know what you mean, you dont pass you simply pay and join

Brilliant, so they never check on you, great, I will just pass my course and install cheap boilers that are undersized and don't meet regulations.

you said pass not check

they do check installations particularly new members to ensure they meet regulations and are installed safe, never heard of them checking whether they are undersized or not, not really in their remit

As youve pointed out this can be confusing, fueled by misleading information

you said pass not check

they do check installations particularly new members to ensure they meet regulations and are installed safe, never heard of them checking whether they are undersized or not, not really in their remit

As youve pointed out this can be confusing, fueled by misleading information

Or even nit picking, i call it tomatoes, you call it tomato's,

pass gas safe registration? not sure i know what you mean, you dont pass you simply pay and join

I heard on here that you had to do some sort of assessment to join Gas Safe they do an initial assessment and then random assessments once you have joined

interesting thread. I've just recently joined. I have done my city and guilds level 2 in plumbing practices, 2 years. Now want to get gas safe but have been told i must do NVQ level 2 before i can do level 3 NVQ, after which i can apply for Gas Safe. Its a long route, and difficult as i have a home to run, bills to pay and fam to support, but i love plumbing and its something i will have to do.

you dont need an nvq to do your acs which is what is required to become gas safe

it would however reduce the amount of hours expeirence you need to provide

when you say you have done your city and guilds i presume you mean your tech cert? remember that city and guilds award the nvq

Hi Fuzzy

Yes i have done the City and Guilds tech cert, 6129. It was a 2 year course and covered a lot of the aspects of plumbing but didnt not really go into too much depth. However the practical tasks we did have given me the confidence to start working for myself. I've done a few bathroom installs, rad installs etc (but dont touch the gas side of it).

Are their any colleges who will allow me to do the ACS without having to do the NVQ 2 or level 3?

yes, you do not need your nvq to do the acs, you dont need any quals

you do however need relevent experience, the amount reduces with quals so without you need a lot around 240 days gas work signed by a gsri

good luck

I was considering doing one of these fast track courses, but opted to go to technical college for the 2 year level 2 course. Im glad I did. I have a few months left and just do not see how you could do all the work and content in 6 weeks or so. We have learned a lot, and many lads fail exams, meaning they have to re-sit before starting the next module.
Our teacher even told us there was a lad who had done a fast track course and still had to go to college for the full 2 years, as he had learned next to nothing.

I was hoping to do level 3, and then the gas, but with cutbacks, it looks like level 3 is no longer available unless privately funded.
There are rumours that a gas foundation course will be in place next year leading to ACS qualification, but we have been told it requires 80 hours working with a gas qualified fitter in the field.

Can someone give a breakdown of the what the 100-200 hours of gas work should comprise off? I am really keen on getting my Gas Safe, and have someone willing to take me on. The only issue is this guy does not get a lot of work flooding in so i want to be certain he will do enough to help me cover the 100's of hours of gas work required.

Can someone give a breakdown of the what the 100-200 hours of gas work should comprise off? I am really keen on getting my Gas Safe, and have someone willing to take me on. The only issue is this guy does not get a lot of work flooding in so i want to be certain he will do enough to help me cover the 100's of hours of gas work required.

depending on your category its 140-240 DAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best "fast track" Gas course/training Center in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock