Search the forum,

Discuss Best big van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulplumb

My NV200 is getting a bit old now and to be honest I fancy something a little larger perhaps L2H2.

What van would you recommend and why?

Have to say I'm loving my 2010 LWB Transit. Nice bit of kit

Have a nv200..must admit the transit looks class..good reports coming out tooooo.....

What sort of real world MPG figures are we talking from the transits?

Had my 07 lwb transit re-mapped. It averages 31 mpg. Goes like hell and pulls
Like a train.
Just got a brand new l3 h2. So far it's doing 28mpg. A friend has had his re-mapped and says he's getting 35mpg
Like most vans though, go over 75mph and your down to early 20's

I have an L2H1 dispatch and its a great van.
Car like to drive and large enough to get 3m pipe in and all tools etc with space for lots of other gear

Why don't ye get a NV 400. It's another nissan. It's huge inside compared to yours. It's a 3 seater. Nissan dealer prob do ye a good deal.

Old? I didn't think they've been out long!?

Mines a 59 plate

I have looked at the NV400. It is the same as the Renault Master and the Vauxhall Movano I think. The NV400 has the Renault engine as does the NV200. Apparently the NV400 doesn't get as good of fuel economy as the Master or Movano for some reason. Also the Master comes with a much better spec as standard than the NV400. I am tempted by the Renault Master but I have read a few posts on the forum about French vehicles that sorta worry me.

I am also looking at the Citroen Relay, Fiat Ducato and Ford Transit. I think the Toyota would be too small likewise for the Vito and transporter. I think the Crafter and Sprinter would both be too big and thirsty.

Can't fault the new Fords. We have a Custom which averages 31mpg and the new Lwb connect, which does 43mpg, both fully loaded with racking systems which aren't light.

Well thanks all for your advice and suggestions. Today I picked up my LWB Vivaro sportive. getting 45 mpg but should improve as the engine breaks in.

van.jpg

Seems like everyone is getting a new van but me on here lately :eek:

Best big van: Merc Sprinter
Best medium van: Citroen Relay
Best small van: Citroen berlingo

Based on our fleet of 40+ vans.

However, our fleet probably does a lot more mileage that a plumbers van, unless you are doing contract work, and flying about the country.

It is the 120 bi turbo. Got it to 46 now lol. Does the Renault have the eco button Nostrum?

Am having a look at both the Transit Custom and Renault Traffic but am being swayed by the Traffic as it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Anybody got reviews good or bad on the Traffic?

Am having a look at both the Transit Custom and Renault Traffic but am being swayed by the Traffic as it comes with a 5 year guarantee. Anybody got reviews good or bad on the Traffic?

vauxhall vivaro

Haven't had any Trafic's recently, but hated the last ones we had. Mind you that was 15 or 16 years ago.

It is the 120 bi turbo. Got it to 46 now lol. Does the Renault have the eco button Nostrum?

Sorry I forgot I'd asked this!

Yeah, turned that straight off though as it was crap for hitting slipways etc.

Do you do a lot of motorway? I was getting 40+ on a long distance trip to stanstead last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best big van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock