Search the forum,

Discuss Best all round drain cleaning kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I'm considering purchasing the Rothenburger Ropump as an all round tool for unblocking sinks, baths, showers and toilets rather than mess around with snakes and wet vacs. Most reviews I've read have been really positive with the exception of a couple of people saying that they've actually had poorly fitted waste fittings blow off under the force of the plunger. Any of you out there who own one what has your experience been and would you recommend it? Also, obviously for sinks and baths you would have to somehow blank off the overflow outlets so the air doesn't blow straight up and out. Do you just push the palm of your hand tightly against the overflow or are there special plugs available?
Thanks in advance.

Snaking is my preferred method. Just seems (a) safer and (b) less likely to damage anything than chemicals and vigorous plunging.

On the rare occasions that plunging is called for, I use Plasticine (TM) to seal overflows.

I use the small Rothenberger pump to clear basins and sinks.
I only use it where safe, - like where the trap and pipe run is accessible and/or solvent weld.
I had one push fit waste fitting on a kitchen sink waste come off below a ground floor, so I don’t use it on similar jobs now.
I usually block the overflows with a damp cloth.
I also find it handy to flush the overflows by filling sink up to overflow level and pumping water into overflow with the Roth pump tight over the overflow holes

For larger drains, I've recently bought a high pressure jetting hose and attachment that fits my Karcher pressure washer. The 15 metre long jetting hose and attachment cost me £19 on Amazon and it blasts through blocked drains.
I wouldn't use any pressurised equipment on waste pipe under 50mm using pushfit connections as these can blow off.

Reply to Best all round drain cleaning kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock