Search the forum,

Discuss Best Adjustable Spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Mechanica

Currently using the 6" Amtech Adjustables, they open to 1 and half inches but are not good at holding their width and are a little chunky.

Anyone recommend a pukka pair?

Always go with bahco myself. Tend to be a bit more expensive, but mine are lasting quite well.

i have a bacho and then my fave adjustibles a channel lock code blue,trouble is the code blue are hard to get hold off but the best i have owned

bahco. best ive ever had
agreed they are good only thing i find is with the wide jaw ones you can spring the jaws and slip occasionally also as they tend to be short compared to the jaw size you dont get bags of leverage
ok for tightening but bit dodgy when undoing tight nuts

Bought a set of Britool adjustables 6 years ago. Brilliant tools and the jows are easily adjusted. Great customer service too - the pin fell out of one of them. They have a lifetime guarantee and replaced it for me with no quibbles.

irega hands down, used to use bahco of all shapes and sizes but switched to irega when bahco moved production out of sweden. my personel favourites are the irega 77 series, solid with no side movement and keep the set size. the 12" model is good up to a 28mm nut and the 10" model will do a 22mm nut, also got the 15" set which is handy for extra leverage (but being 18 stone rarely needed) the 99 SWO is the same design as the bahco 8" wide jaw but i prefer to have a longer handle. as a side note irega make adjustables for chanellock, kingdick, britool, hazet and previously rothenburger before they decided to abandon quality for volume.

Bahco favourite of mine, although I did get a cheap set of Magnusson adjustable from B&Q, they have been great so far. Never jammed dont slip and open 45mm.

must admit i liked the feel of the magnusans but have lately started to buy tools from europe and USA only, i dont like to support chinese manufacturing (because their stealing all ours) i suppose you could call me a two faced there though as i recently bought a 10" wide jaw set of todays tools adjustables for pump nuts that were made in taiwan.

I don't think you can beat these. They're designed for our job.

Bahco-9029-31-Ergo.jpg

I got a left handed Bahco but can use it right handed too, its a multi spanner can be used as a tapping stick as well.:)

yes tbh my bachos my main one the channel locks now gone rusty to be fair though the old man has a brittool equal to a bacho in quality

Bhaco, 8" wide jaw.

My bread and butter tools really!

I own probably over a dozen adjustable spanners, but my trusty pair of Bhacos are the only ones I use reguarly. I have a spare one in the van too. The just do the job, and you don't realise how good they are until you use another make of spanner.

10" is my preferd choice and not fussed on the wide jaw short handled version,mine will just fit a 22mm nut so could do with a 12" as well bacho make the best adjustable closely followed by brittol IMHO,trouble is 12" and up puts ÂŁÂŁÂŁ on the price but anything you use day in day out that is reliable and does not slip is worth the investment

the best adjustable spanner is yer Love slave ( apprentice ) totaly adjustable and usually a complete spanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Adjustable Spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock