Search the forum,

Discuss Best additive to help circulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
I looked at an old Worcester system boiler that keeps over heating the flow pipe and shutting down. The pump is running and pipework around the pump luke warm.
If I put cylinder on the pump moves the heat through both circuits and the rad gets hot.
Im guessing the one 2m rad on 10mm pipe is providing too much resistance for the pump to overcome., once running, you can turn hot water off and it works fine.
The old lady has all the other 6 rads off.
So whats the best additive to help with circulation I can leave in the system?

Boiler isn't mega oversized is it ?

7kw is probably its lowest modulation point for the boiler so only 1 rad on wont take enough heat away from the boiler as your experiencing hotwater calling and alls good not sure chemicals will do much here but sentinal x200 and x100 in together is the norm designed to be left in the system. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best additive to help circulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the 1st time this season I found a problem with the boiler not running on one of the zones. If I turn on the heat to zone 1 I hear the system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock