Search the forum,

Discuss BENTONE B11C Burner not playing ball in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our old faithful Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Bentone B11C hasgiven up the ghost and no amount of button pressing would encourage it back tolife. Finally traced it back to the pump / motor coupling failing as it wasjust about moving some oil up to the burner head, presumably this was what wascausing a ticking noise. Popped a spare coupling in and full pressure resumedbut now its firing up instantly when the button is pressed and will keepburning until lockout even if the photocell is removed or the solenoid disconnected,slackening the 11mm bolt on the burner will have oil pumping out despite the solenoidbeing disconnected again until lockout. Fitted with a Danfoss BFP 11 L3 & 832.3control box.
The boiler is about 25 years old and ultimately will needreplacing but not until its warmer! I stress, I am not a Heating Engineer orPlumber but an Engineer that doesn’t mind trying to save a few quid or get hishands dirty so please just your valued opinion as to what’s wrong. I have anEngineer coming out on Tuesday but I would like to know for my own sanity. Thanks to anyone responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BENTONE B11C Burner not playing ball in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I am new to the use of oil based boilers and seem to be having a problem with the current one I have (Worcester Heatslave 20/25) The hot water is running fine, it will supply on demand when the settings are correct but the problem currently lies with the central heating. When I put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, oil ran out in June, got it refilled last week. I noticed the Afriso de-aerator did not fill up after pressing the burner reset button like it always has done. The installation is 18 years old. I suspected the Teddington fire valve and the inline oil filter, however I was able to pump 1.5...
Replies
Views
O
Hi, I'm not a heating engineer and I have no intention of touching our boiler, but I really could do with some friendly advice regarding a weird fault. The boiler is an 8-year old ThermeconS90/120. Burner is an Ecoflam Minor 4. Nozzle is a 1.10/60 Location is a dry outhouse. When cold...
Replies
Views
aimed at any worcester installers or someone in the know, this is the situation. was called to a boiler as it was in lockout mode and would not restart. he said it was due a service, so went through all serviceable parts and gave it a good clean, after the service when i needed to fire it up it...
Replies
Views
T
This is more for information, since I have solved the problem today. My Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Oil fired Combi would fire up correctly but after only a minute or so ( longer from cold ) would shut down and go to lockout. Turning down both HW & CH thermostat controls would put all the facia...
Replies
Views
Dulux
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock