Search the forum,

Discuss Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep a new EB1 in a case together with control boxes etc.
If it proves to have been the transformer, then I made the mistake of ruling it out because the spark (which I repeatedly tested several times on a couple of visits) was always very strong. Hard to know what approach would have been better, other than waiting for hours. Thankfully it is close to me.

Last edited:
I have come across these before when other so called engineers cant fix them so they tell the customer they need a new boiler.
hope it all works out best never easy these intermittent lockouts but we always get there in the end

Yes Kimbo, have seen a lot of fairly young boilers with brand new burners fitted where no doubt just a little part would have sorted the original burner. Or an entire new boiler as the customer probably is easy prey when they have an ongoing failing burner. I would always fix anything viable if cost isn't going to be close to a entirely new item. This time I wasted a few visits, but usually I don't take much time finding a fault - so really can't complain & I will stay easy going. :smile:

I didn't post on this as you know what your doing and I couldn't find anything that hadnt already been said, except have you done an FGA? Check its not over aired and blowing itself out.
Hopefully you fixed it anyway.

No worries Bunker, - I was only putting the question out there to see if anyone had came across similar problem.
I knew the combustion was fine, as had tested it after service & new nozzle, but it had been prior to that locking out. Burner is on a WB std utility boiler which I could set easily & firstly had been done by me at commissioning years ago. Boiler always started on press of lockout whether warm or cold start & co2 was I think above 11%, so was confident not over aired.

Last edited:
The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

The posted problem is also a good example as to the fact that it is always a good idea to retain second hand burners from scrapped boilers as it can be far easier to swap a faulty burner (or parts from it) for a working second hand one to save messing about fault finding if you are very busy.

If it had been severe weather I would have swapped the burner. I have an old B11 burner would have done temp. I also have loads of electrical parts for them - better to have a second hand part than nothing.
Just an update on the boiler - no messages received, so the new EB1 transformer must have fixed it.

Just received a text from customer to thank me for sorting the boiler as it has been running fine with new transformer. Lesson is - don't assume a nice strong spark on several tests means a transformer won't fail intermittently.
Thanks for all the replies & help! :smile:

Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks Simon, - your first reply was spot on. You were lucky though! :smile: Let's call it an educated guess!
I did everything right, except i probably should have waited an hour at least, but just didn't find anything wrong.
Had one yesterday on a friends boiler - another EB1 but no spark & the back of transformer had a large blister. Seem to get a run of same things.

Did you change the control box too? Often this is caused by the box....cause and effect etc

On my friends boiler, I didnt replace the Satronic control box & that is a very good point!
He is an Electrician & had already diagnosed the fault himself & I let him get on with it himself.
I know that is a common thing on the Satronic boxes to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bentone B11 burner always locking out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock