Search the forum,

Discuss Be Carefull with solvent Glue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
One of my boys blew himself up,last night, and is in a burns unit for a few days, he will recover. It was not a gas bang , he had an open solvent glue tub open adjacent to,the boiler which he had the casing off, it fired on we think ignited the fumes from the glue pot and
He is where he is now ,glue exploded uck ....anyway that’s what we think
Questions are many....we will find out, answers are be aware in this area of installation etc.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

That's why it says keep away from open flames and use in well ventilated places

Hope he mends well.

There are many things we overlook in our trade. I know someone who suffered in a similar way due to the ignition of fumes/vapour from curing expanding foam. This vapour was still present some 24 hours following the use of the foam.

Must admit would never have thought expanding foam fumes could be dangerous for so long! Does also make you wander what breathing in these fumes on a regular basis does to our lungs!

Update, it’s mainly his hands and one thigh, he will be out for 3 months but should make a full recovery I will not post the graphic pictures Rob Foster aka centralheatking

That's really nice to hear, sadly people like you few and far between, I know too many people who've become near destitute after work place injuries, can be a brutal world out there!
It’s not me it’s all me and his plumbing mates , we drink together on Friday afternoon etc, in fact we know it will save us money not having to buy his beer They all used to work for/with me most are semi retired now ...centralheatking

Many moons ago I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance..... mid service on a back Bermuda back boiler. We had a council contract and was issued compressed air in a tin, but it seemed to contain a flammable gas. I extinguished the flame with the grey knob on a Honeywell valve and started to release the air

WOOF!!!!!

My head was inside a fire ball and swallowed the hot air, I could hardly breathe. The tenant who Rubbish herself called 999 and the paramedics arrived and put me in a mask. I was later released from a and e....... minus eyebrows and lashes

Hope your Employees Liability is paid up. The man from RIDDOR will be using thumb-screws.
Don’t see how, it’s his own fault. Would he of fired up the boiler with petrol nearby..... errr no! So there’s no difference with flammable liquids.

Sometimes we make stupid mistakes

Well, I remember back in the day using asbestos rope as a caulking compound in cast iron soil pipes. It was called PC4. As soon as the lid of the container was opened, a huge plume of asbestos dust filled the air, and at that time, we knew nothing about the risks of asbestos. One day we noticed a change of name to the product to PC4AF, with the AF denoting asbestos free. Back then health and safety was virtually non existent.

Reply to Be Carefull with solvent Glue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock