Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo PFL - sooting up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tdslds

Hi,

I have had quite a few problems with this boiler every since we moved to our house 8 years ago (the boiler is 9 years old)

Anyway, everything I have managed to resolve apart from one problem, the pilot light burns yellow at the tip after the main gas is alight for about 5 minutes. This would not be an issue but it causes that section of the heat exchanger to soot up. I have checked the gas rate and burner pressure plus I have replaced the gas valve (new) and fan assembly (re-conditioned) Also, two pilot injectors have been installed and the problem came back within 6-8 months. Think I have covered everything. Also, I have checked the flue pathway as it is travels vertically through the loft to a ridge tile (about two metres) I believe Baxi have an inherent problem with their injector.

Any ideas??

Mike

please have a look at the message bar at top of page in regard to question about gas.

Agreed.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo PFL - sooting up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock