Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec Problem + Pos Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

Firstly I am not in the central heating profession. We moved into a property 3 years ago and got lumped with this paper weight stuck to the wall in my loft.

In the 3 years we've had it, the pcb was first replaced after error 133 code and not getting a flame. The whole manifold was then replaced after it started leaking through the ceiling into my daughters room. Now finally we have error 133 again and a video of the unit starting up, sparking, but not igniting a flame

MOV_20190518_0816241.mp4

It may be a simple fault again. But to be honest I'm getting fed up of spending money on this damn thing each year and don't read many favourable things about it on the web.

Firstly can anyone give any input based on what they are seeing in this video?

Also I'm curious what people would buy who are in the trade. I appreciate different fitters are going to have different favourites. Again, from what I have read;

Veissman - well reviewed but rubber hoses prone to clogging
Intergas - few parts but poor customer service
WB - just poor these days
Baxi - well my own experience isn't great! Plus I hear poor design.
Valiant - had one in my last property and no issues
ATAG? - I don't know much about these

Just any input would be appreciated. I work away from home a lot and can't really be having this thing going wrong for the family when I'm not around.

(PS Im not looking for a how to on fixing the problem, just an idea of what the problem can be and the likelihood of the thing breaking every 12 months as it seems to be)

Thanks

Hello All,

Firstly I am not in the central heating profession. We moved into a property 3 years ago and got lumped with this paper weight stuck to the wall in my loft.

In the 3 years we've had it, the pcb was first replaced after error 133 code and not getting a flame. The whole manifold was then replaced after it started leaking through the ceiling into my daughters room. Now finally we have error 133 again and a video of the unit starting up, sparking, but not igniting a flame

MOV_20190518_0816241.mp4

It may be a simple fault again. But to be honest I'm getting fed up of spending money on this damn thing each year and don't read many favourable things about it on the web.

Firstly can anyone give any input based on what they are seeing in this video?

Also I'm curious what people would buy who are in the trade. I appreciate different fitters are going to have different favourites. Again, from what I have read;

Veissman - well reviewed but rubber hoses prone to clogging
Intergas - few parts but poor customer service
WB - just poor these days
Baxi - well my own experience isn't great! Plus I hear poor design.
Valiant - had one in my last property and no issues
ATAG? - I don't know much about these

Just any input would be appreciated. I work away from home a lot and can't really be having this thing going wrong for the family when I'm not around.

(PS Im not looking for a how to on fixing the problem, just an idea of what the problem can be and the likelihood of the thing breaking every 12 months as it seems to be)

Thanks

To begin with please replace the cover and call a gas safe registered engineer.

Do you have gas in the property?

It’s a simple fix for a good and competent engineer.

We have loads off these at work and there are very reliable and same thing for intergas.

Thanks for the response,

Yes we have gas in the property but the boiler is the only gas appliance as the kitchen is now fully electric

I appreciate you say it is a simple fix but what do you feel the issue is and is it reasonable for these things to go in such a short space of time?

I'm pleased to hear you say they are reliable because it is completely to the contrary to what I had been reading. Gaps between flame and electrode seem to be a common occurrence and in need of adjustment and the pcb's faulting also seem to be a regular occurence.

viessmann 100 doesnt have rubber hoses only the 050 has rubber hoses and tbh find its down to installer rather than boiler eg not flushing the system etc

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec Problem + Pos Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock