Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djbphs

I have recently fitted a baxi neta tec 24 kw combi. I understand its only been out around 1 month or so. Had problems after installation regarding de-aeration process. It didnt recognise it was natural gas ( this boiler can be piped straight upto lpg also with no conversion).

Anyone else had this same problem?

Only saw these today in a brochure in Plumb. Look quite good. I'm on a course on Thursday for the Duo Tec. Will be good to see if they have made some improvements as I do a lot of work on the last/first Duo Tec.

To be honest it seems like a real state of the art boiler. Spoke with the technical today and they reckon its a pcb fault. Not good when you've supplied the boiler to the customer and it doesnt bloody work first time!

Never is tbh, but when you have a state of the art thing, there are likely to be a few teething problems with the first few. It's if the problem can be fixed quickly by the manufacturer. Baxi are usually quite good. Apparently we had a rep from Baxi in at our place and all the Duo Tec's we have on patch are covered by a 5 year warranty! Bonus!

Fitted my first one last week and they seem to be really good, I think I will be fitting a lot of these.

Very easy to fit , very cheap for a boiler with 5 years warranty.

i have fitted 3 duotec 2 good boiler just found the gas inlet a bit hard to get at baxi are talking about putting a test point outside the boiler

not fitted one yet i will stick with the older duotec DONT LIKE PLASTIC

To quote from an old game i used to play

"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word: plastics."
- Calder Willingham, The Graduate

:lol:

Do your self a favour and fit the Duo-tec 2..Plastic is ****e.And NO they are not easy to work on

Most boilers have lots of plastic, I went to a 4 year old wb tonight with plastic leaking inside

Most boilers have lots of plastic, I went to a 4 year old wb tonight with plastic leaking inside
thats exactly my point go to a 4 year old duotec and you wont have any plastic leaking,and poxi did warn of the neta tec when it was launched i have been to look at one and have a course on it next month i dont like it,its plastic,plastic is ****

thats exactly my point go to a 4 year old duotec and you wont have any plastic leaking,and poxi did warn of the neta tec when it was launched i have been to look at one and have a course on it next month i dont like it,its plastic,plastic is ****
Don't think you can go wrong with them at the moment with the 5 year warranty.

i had a netatec fitted 3 weeks ago [sept 22nd] its just failed, error number 133= interuption or flame failure which indicates errors that prevent burner from starting.
called out my installer who had just been to another one he had installed with the same fault, could be this is an inherant problem, baxi engineer is due today, will update on progress.
my 25 year old baxi bermuda back boiler never had any faults at all, WHY! did i change it.

A recallibration of the gas valve may be required, If the Engineer is stuck

just finnished installing one today for my mother in law no less,red the bumph looked good ,am stuck at error 133 cant reset so phoning the bad music and appology for not dealing with you number in the morning .

boiler now repaired, the fault was with the gas valve showing error code 133, the engineer replaced it, then he was going to another customer with the same fault.

boiler now repaired, the fault was with the gas valve showing error code 133, the engineer replaced it, then he was going to another customer with the same fault.

Oh Dear..Wondered why i was sent out another gas valve for these boilers last night..Common fault already ?????Hope not

i had a netatec fitted 3 weeks ago [sept 22nd] its just failed, error number 133= interuption or flame failure which indicates errors that prevent burner from starting.
called out my installer who had just been to another one he had installed with the same fault, could be this is an inherant problem, baxi engineer is due today, will update on progress.
my 25 year old baxi bermuda back boiler never had any faults at all, WHY! did i change it.

baxi lost me with their barcelona combi , and their heat only condenser they brought out 10-15 years ago.
my old man installed one in his own place , went through 5-6 pcbs before throwing it in the skip and fitting a worcester.
another we installed for a 'wido' car dealer had the baxi engineer out 42 times , he kept a record , ended up receiving cash from baxi , he used that to buy a worcester.
will never fit a baxi or potterton boiler if i m supplying.
out of around 50 boilers i v fitted on contract this year ,couple were potterton promaxs, only boilers not to fire up and require a manufacturer visit to replace faulty parts on a brand new boiler .
no problems with vaillant , worcester , glow worm , viessmann , ideal .
baxi should stick to what they did best, cast iron . maybe turn their attention to making rhones and downpipes that dont require any electronics to work :)
doing some contract servicing at the moment , seeing a load of potterton envoys (same casing as the suprema , but its a heat only condenser) ,nearly every one has had 3 or 4 pcbs replaced in the 10 years they ve been in. they even supply you faulty brand new replacement pcbs , a real headache if you aint used to working on them .

baxi lost me with their barcelona combi , and their heat only condenser they brought out 10-15 years ago.
my old man installed one in his own place , went through 5-6 pcbs before throwing it in the skip and fitting a worcester.
another we installed for a 'wido' car dealer had the baxi engineer out 42 times , he kept a record , ended up receiving cash from baxi , he used that to buy a worcester.
will never fit a baxi or potterton boiler if i m supplying.
out of around 50 boilers i v fitted on contract this year ,couple were potterton promaxs, only boilers not to fire up and require a manufacturer visit to replace faulty parts on a brand new boiler .
no problems with vaillant , worcester , glow worm , viessmann , ideal .
baxi should stick to what they did best, cast iron . maybe turn their attention to making rhones and downpipes that dont require any electronics to work :)
doing some contract servicing at the moment , seeing a load of potterton envoys (same casing as the suprema , but its a heat only condenser) ,nearly every one has had 3 or 4 pcbs replaced in the 10 years they ve been in. they even supply you faulty brand new replacement pcbs , a real headache if you aint used to working on them .

baxi have made some crap boilers the Barcelona and Bahama being the worst but they have also made very good boilers the 105 and duotec,worcester are not as good as people think they are made of plastic and vailant who own glowworm who own heatline are out to rip people on spares by putting a 200 % mark up on parts,not forgetting that vailant had the gasket issue on some condensors that would torch the boiler

you work for baxi GM ?
fitted around 200 ideal mini combi standard effiencies and never had problem with them firing up out the box. fitted a few off the new logics and they are a far better boiler than the potterton promax , and not just to look at. all boilers have there pros and cons mate , we both know that . i still see baxi bermudas , 30 odd year old and all they ve had replaced are thermocouples , virtually bomb proof if fitted right in the first place.
ideal have made some stinkers as well , the reponse 120 , isar , icos .

just think Baxi/Potterton dropped the ball when it came to boilers with electronics. Watchdog , Suprema PCBs , need i say more ?

worcester have different class back up . straight through to their tech line , open weekends and till 8pm through the week, no waiting in a queue listening to elevator music, next day call outs under guarantee inc sats, suns and bank hols. fit as much plastic in there as they want, they re the ones who guarantee it. i fit them, guarantee system , and let the maufacturers take care of their bit. all worcesters have a 5 year guarantee till end off the year.

just fitted a viessmann in my own place, impressed so far, GR + CA spot on out the box. plastic grndfos designed block and rubber flow and returns hoses inside. rubber hoses in your car cooling system running at +100 so i aint to bothered about rubber hoses and plastic in a boiler that runs at max 82.

Ive fitted Baxi now for 15 yrs 105e 105he Duo tec. Had very few and I mean very few probs in all that time. On average we fit around 5 boilers a month so a lot over 15 yrs. The Netatec is a cut priced boiler going head to head with manafactures doing the
Same dance. 5 yr guarantee made of plastic. Most probs with the netatec is infact
Down to the installer not following the commissioning sequence,it's not a fire and go
Boiler like in the past. One bad point the fitting jig is a pain to hang the boiler on.
Apart from that it seems ok. If there is probs Baxi offer a good call centre service and engineer call out.

you work for baxi GM ? quote 0.004
no,just fit and work on them if i worked for baxi you would not have read the other posts by me in this thread,just heard they have launched the potterton appollo same as the neta tec? seems to me they are using older boiler names netatec=netaheat appolo =thorn/myson appolo

well,the clock has now had to be replaced as it was loosing 5 minutes per week.
on top of that, the error code 133 has emerged once again, 4 weeks after having a new jet fitted due to the same error code. this time however up to now, the boiler is fireing up, after useing the reset button, but it will not fire up automatically from the timer.
this boiler is now only 8 weeks old!!!

Iv fitted 4 now and 2 of them have had this problem 1 of which is today so embarrassing, fitted your new boiler but it don't work ha

Iv fitted 4 now and 2 of them have had this problem 1 of which is today so embarrassing, fitted your new boiler but it don't work ha

When you first set it up, you need to make sure the case is on, also run hot tap while the boiler is running for first time. Takes about 15mins.
This is what the rep told me and it's how I have been doing it and it has worked every time so far, fitted about 8.

I also had a lose connection on diverter valve and heating wouldn't work, I just plugged it back in.

i am sure BAXI will sort the valve issue out quickly,until then i will keep fitting the heat max and duotec one i am a great believer in simplicity ,make a boilers brain to sophisticated and it just gets confused LOL,and who really needs a boiler that can go strait on to NG or LPG?i bet most of us dont even do LPG and if you do what was wrong with buying jets to convert it and setting the gas valve up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock