Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi has me scratching my head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I'm looking for some advice from someone who may have encountered my problem before. I'm a gas engineer and i have been trying to solve an issue with a baxi duo-tec 28 HE. The boiler randomly calls for CH when the thermostat is not, the green LED lights up for around 5 minutes before deciding to fire up. I have exchanged the old thermostat (Salus) and replaced the primary ntc sensor and still have the same problem. Baxi technical are adamant that it's the new thermostat but like i had said it is brand new. Can anyone help me at all? Thanks.

Are you getting any calling for ch ?

Are you getting any calling for ch ?

The thermostat fires the CH when it's turned up straight away. But once you turn the thermostat to off the CH will stop then shortly after the boiler seems to think the thermostat is calling for heat agaim. Everyone I've spoken to is just as baffled mate

The thermostat fires the CH when it's turned up straight away. But once you turn the thermostat to off the CH will stop then shortly after the boiler seems to think the thermostat is calling for heat agaim. Everyone I've spoken to is just as baffled mate

I'm not familiar with the specific model and am too lazy to check right now, but for this sort of issue:

Make sure you aren't using a 24V thermostat on a 240V system.

If it's an on/off control type use a light switch in a plastic box as a 'dummy' thermostat. Try it connected instead of the Salus and if 'symptoms persist' directly into the boiler using relatively short leads.

Faulty wiring (borrowed neutrals, leakage across terminals in junction boxes, etc.) can cause strange symptoms. Find a sparks who likes CH doing controls (many don't IME) to help with these.

It's quite possible that this is a boiler issue but one normally wants to rule out exterior (and cheaper to fix) causes first, of course.

Last edited:
Wireless thermostat?

I'm not familiar with the specific model and am too lazy to check right now, but for this sort of issue:

Make sure you aren't using a 24V thermostat on a 240V system.

If it's an on/off control type use a light switch in a plastic box as a 'dummy' thermostat. Try it connected instead of the Salus and if 'symptoms persist' directly into the boiler using relatively short leads.

Faulty wiring (borrowed neutrals, leakage across terminals in junction boxes, etc.) can cause strange symptoms. Find a sparks who likes CH doing controls (many don't IME) to help with these.

I have a mechanical clock i was thinking of putting in to see if this eliminates the fault. I have checked all terminals and all readings were fine. The receiver for in question for the thermostat is plugged into the baxi mechanical clock they are made for these boilers so I'm confident the voltage is ok for that. Do you know if these boilers have some kind of frost stat built in at all?

That is the thermostat there

1413556355-11453700.png

Best to fit a wired one as there know to have problems with devices on a similar frequency

Eg wifi, door fobs etc

Fit the genuine baxi mechanical timer or put the link back in to rule out a external faults bud then go from there, cheers kop

Wire the thermostat through the outdoor sensor stat - 24 volts ( from memory ). Change the parameter on the baxi controller.
Loop the 240 Volt thermostat and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists then it would be the thermostat.

If it's a wireless Salus, alter the dip switches on both receiver and sender
Other wireless signals will affect it when left on default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi has me scratching my head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock