Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi DuoTec driving us NUTS. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our Baxi DuoTec is driving me and our GS Engineer nuts. The pressure has been dropping right off ( down to the stop) several times per day over the past 6-8 weeks and I've had to top it up each time. The ECV is ok, the PRV is ok, we suspect it's a underfloor leak on the ground floor, the floor has laminate throughout the whole ground floor so have lived with the constant refilling over xmas with the intention of pulling up the floor next week. BUT, over the past 5 days the pressure has not dropped and the heating has come on and gone off as it should without any need to top up. Today the pressure dropped just enough below the low level so it did not fire up this morning, it did not drop right off to the gauge stones it had previously. I boosted the pressure up to 1.5 and it fired right up, but the pressure went up to 2bar and is now back to 1.5bar, the gauge pointer is however flickering slightly back and forth. Anybody any idea what can be causing this boiler to keep losing pressure for days on end then work fine for 4 or 5 days. I really don't want to pull up the floors to search for leaks if there are none. As mentioned before my heating engineer is scratch his head also.

Reply to Baxi DuoTec driving us NUTS. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock