Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo-Tec 28 Combi ErP heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

We have a problem with our boiler (Baxi Duo-Tec 28 Combi ErP). The hot water is fine but the heating is not working properly. The issue with the heating is, it’s only firing up for about 30 seconds then it’s off for about three minutes and then turns on for about 30 seconds again. This is repeated all the time, so the house is only reaching about 18/19 degrees.

The plumber thinks it’s the pump (I think it’s a modulating pump), the pumps are expensive so to prove the theory he installed an inline pump temporarily. The heating has now been working fine for the last few days.

The pump has its own PCB we think this may control the modulation, so it could be either the pump or the pump PCB.

Has anyone had any similar problems to this?

Mick

Very common sorry to say these days erp pumps are only lasting about 4-5 years

If you can get it replaced with a non erp one

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into that. Is there a chance that it could be the PCB that's causing the problem?

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duo-Tec 28 Combi ErP heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot water I get warm/tepid water provided the HW temperature dial is set about 3o’clock. If it’s set any higher, I get an E28 fault, and my water goes cold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump. The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock