Discuss Baxi due tex 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCB. Sometimes they will be intermittent at first, then will go all together. Easy enough to change, but remember the drive pins need to go in before you put the board back.

Hi
I have come accross this 168 code evn though the water works ok the heating shows 168 but the heating will come on if i call for heating then open the HW RUN THE TAP WAIT TILL IGNITION THEN TURN WATER OFF AND HEATING RUNS ?

E168 is internal bus time out pcb internal conflict

Remove the Gas Valve plug and check:between pins 1 and E is open circuit. between pins 3 and E is open circuit.(open circuit will be shown as 1 on the resistance setting of the multimeter)If not replace the Gas Valve●

Remove the Igniter black mains plug and check:between pin L and the boiler chassis is open circuit.between pin N and the boiler chassis is open circuit.(open circuit will be shown as 1 on the resistance setting of the multimeter)If not replace the Igniter●

Remove the Pump wiring cover and the wires from the terminals and check:between terminal L and terminal E is open circuit between terminal N and terminal E is open circuit (open circuit will be shown as 1 on the resistance setting of the multimeter)

Getting quite common now on the 4 year old plus boilers. Still a Baxi job for me though, got a 5 year warranty on all their products through the company I work for. I went to a platinum on Saturday that the tenant says now needs it's third PCB! E168 again, occassionally happening at first, which will get worse and worse until it stops completely.

You might be interested in one I went to on Saturday night gas man, boiler displaying code e160, so fan fault. But it fires up and works fine on DHW, then if the heating is on when you run the tap, works fine on CH. Put just the CH on and e160 again. Very strange. I think the PCB maybe the fault here, the fan seemed to be working fine.

Had the exact symptoms today on a Potterton Gold 24 install but it isn't throwing up an error code. Heat team coming to sort out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi due tex 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock