Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi combi hot water issue, to call out or not to call out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

For two days I've had no hot water but heating working ok, with a Baxi HE instant combi. Switch on hot tap, water led lights up on boiler but the burner doesn't ignite, cold water comes out. Turn off tap, boiler switches to heating led and burner ignites ok and heating works. Preheat of water works ok, but I don't usually use this and is only a tiny amount anyway.

I was just going to call out a plumber as I suspected a faulty diverter valve stuck on heating. BUT I just switched on hot tap and its now working after 2 days! Is it possible the diverter valve has become unstuck and sorted itself out? I really don't want boiler issues over Christmas but also don't want to call someone out to something that actually seems to work ok now and might not need fixing.

Only other thing is pressure jumps from 0.5-1bar cold to about 3 with the heating. When i first noticed the issue with the hot water, the pressure was practically at zero.. i started to top it up but as soon as i opened the filling valve the pressure immediately jumped to 1 bar with just a few drops of water. I've always had 'jumpy' pressure and needed to top up every once in a while but don't recall pressure at as high as 3 bar with heating before.

Thank you in advance for any

EDIT... just realised probably should go on central heating forum apologies!

Last edited:
I have it serviced every year.. last done in Sept. Maybe it's worth a call out then...I don't want to appear as a paranoid woman as it all seems to work ok now. Just thought (hoping) the diverter valve might have got stuck and righted itself, but obviously I'm not a plumber/ engineer!

Not doing scare tactics or anything like that as safety devices should take care of it but point these issues out to a a gas engineer

I would advise you check out the price for Baxi to do a fixed price repair as sometimes that can be the most cost effective option if you have several potential faults with your boiler.

May not get them out before Christmas though.

Might be worth posting your area & requirements to see if there are any local gas engineers around that can squeeze you into there busy schedules.

Hope this helps,

Andy (Allgoode)

Reply to Baxi combi hot water issue, to call out or not to call out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock