Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi boiler loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
The boiler has been loosing pressure as of late. Its not easy to access, being in the loft. I repressurised the system yesterday morning and by the evening it had switched off with a E119 code. I've discovered a leak BENEATH the pressure relief valve. It's leaking from a fitting in the discharge pipe leading from the PRV. I've provided a photo. However, I'm thinking there shouldn't be any water in that pipe. So, I assume that the PRV valve is leaking. I'm currently at work, so am unable to check if water is dripping outside from the discharge pipe. But I'm now wondering if there is an issue with the expansion vessel. As previously stated, I'm not home so can't check just now.
What is the procedure for checking the cause of the pressure loss.
It's a BAXI Duo Tec Combi 33he
Thanks
If you are kind enough to reply, please bear in mind that I'm not 'up' on the terminology
Also, Ive noticed in the past that it would appear you have to repressurise quite high before the boiler will switch back on. And it switches off with the E119 low pressure code even when the needle is in the green section of the gauge, not the red. If I remember correctly.
Thanks again
IMG_20181216_213958941.jpg

Reply to Baxi boiler loosing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock