Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i was taking a shower and when i finished and turned the hot water off i noticed i could here my combi boiler still working and heating the water. Then when i switched the hot water taps on there is no water coming out of the taps at all. I've had to switch the water fead off to the boiler as it just stays lit. I can hear the water going through the boiler but it wont stop.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

More information please.
Water still going through your boiler ; is the pressure rising in the central heating?
Was the boiler heating up your radiators When it stayed on?
No water coming out of your hot taps, cold taps all ok?

Hi. Everything else seems to be fine. The heating wasn't on at the time. The boiler pressure remains fine. I have cold water coming out of all taps but no water coming out of Any hot taps at all.
I have turned the cold water feed off because as soon as i turn it on i can hear the water flowing then the pin comes out of the diverter valve and ignights the boiler. It's stays alight as if it thinks I've turned a hot water tap on and called for hot water but there is no water coming out of the taps.

Sounds like you’ve got a leak on your hot water pipework.

Check if you can see any kind of water staining on the ceilings/walls this may indicate the location of the leak.

Alternatively turn the cold feed on to the boiler and try tracing the pipework.

Where is the boiler? And does the hot supply from the boiler travel under the floorboards down stairs at all? Have not read the full
Post. So I apologise if already answered.

Hi. The boiler is in the kitchen. Had it moved 3 years ago after having a small kitchen extension so all the pipework in there is new. Cant see any sign of leaks upstairs and the floor downstairs idms concrete. Any other way of finding out if you have a leak?

Hi. The boiler is in the kitchen. Had it moved 3 years ago after having a small kitchen extension so all the pipework in there is new. Cant see any sign of leaks upstairs and the floor downstairs idms concrete. Any other way of finding out if you have a leak?
Does the hot supply to the kitchen or downstairs WC run in the concrete?

From what you’ve described above I highly doubt it your heat exchanger/diverter is causing the issue.

If you Isolate the flow and return under the boiler do you get any hot water at the taps (make sure your cold feed is turned on)?

Which Baxi 105e model is it ? instant etc...

Reply to Baxi 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51 degrees for tap water this happened after a visit from (obviously) unqualified tecnichichan to fix a minor leak on the boiler, which initaly didn't efect...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock