Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Baxi 105e in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Martin wallace

Martin wallace New Member

Hi, i was taking a shower and when i finished and turned the hot water off i noticed i could here my combi boiler still working and heating the water. Then when i switched the hot water taps on there is no water coming out of the taps at all. I've had to switch the water fead off to the boiler as it just stays lit. I can hear the water going through the boiler but it wont stop.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Turn off what ever you have left on or look for the leak.

3. GE Sonny

GE Sonny New Member

More information please.
    Water still going through your boiler ; is the pressure rising in the central heating?
    Was the boiler heating up your radiators When it stayed on?
    No water coming out of your hot taps, cold taps all ok?

4. Martin wallace

Hi. Everything else seems to be fine. The heating wasn't on at the time. The boiler pressure remains fine. I have cold water coming out of all taps but no water coming out of Any hot taps at all.
    I have turned the cold water feed off because as soon as i turn it on i can hear the water flowing then the pin comes out of the diverter valve and ignights the boiler. It's stays alight as if it thinks I've turned a hot water tap on and called for hot water but there is no water coming out of the taps.

5. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Sounds like you’ve got a leak on your hot water pipework.

Check if you can see any kind of water staining on the ceilings/walls this may indicate the location of the leak.

Alternatively turn the cold feed on to the boiler and try tracing the pipework.

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Where is the boiler? And does the hot supply from the boiler travel under the floorboards down stairs at all? Have not read the full
    Post. So I apologise if already answered.

7. Martin wallace

Hi. The boiler is in the kitchen. Had it moved 3 years ago after having a small kitchen extension so all the pipework in there is new. Cant see any sign of leaks upstairs and the floor downstairs idms concrete. Any other way of finding out if you have a leak?

8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Does the hot supply to the kitchen or downstairs WC run in the concrete?

9. Martin wallace

No i dont think so. Just to the radiators. Someone mentioned a possible diverter valve fault or a heat exchanger?

10. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

From what you’ve described above I highly doubt it your heat exchanger/diverter is causing the issue.

If you Isolate the flow and return under the boiler do you get any hot water at the taps (make sure your cold feed is turned on)?

Which Baxi 105e model is it ? instant etc...

11. Martin wallace

Problem solved. You were all correct with the leak. A pipe connection had come undone luckily it was accessible amd was a simple fix with no water damage.
    Thanks very much for all you're help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1