Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, We are in the process of refitting our downstairs bathroom, the house is a long term project with all rooms requiring renovating as well as a rear extension. Eventually we would like to have underfloor heating throughout downstairs, construction is a suspended wooden floor with a large crawl space below. With this in mind we would like to install the underfloor heating pipework in the bathroom whilst we are refitting. My plan was to remove all existing floor boards, insulate underneath with 100mm rigid insulation and run pipework on spreader trays between the joists with 18mm marine ply and tiles. My question is whether marine ply will transfer heat ok? if not what base should I be using. Thanks in advance.

my suggestion would

to infill the joists with insulation and then internally batten for ply so you top of your joists is the new floor level

then use a Low Profile Overlay system

and then as your having tiles hardie backer over the top of that

Reply to Bathroom underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and it has to be able to withstand hundreds of miles of Australian corrugated roads and many thousands more of very bumpy roads of all sorts. A shaky floor...
Replies
Views
N
We have a weird 'dual' system in our 2 floor house we just rented out - meaning that the ground floor has an underfloor system and the top floor has a classic radiator system. Both are hooked up to the gas boiler (as well as the hot water tank/cylinder). I've never had underfloor heating before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock