Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom re-fit costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all,

I mainly work on commercial projects but a friend of a friend has asked me to re fit 2 of their bathrooms. Carrying out the work is no issue, but Im not sure what sort of price it should be, I don’t want to be too cheap and also don’t want to scare them off. That being said, Im not really fussed if I get the job or not anyway but it would make a change form my usual work load. They are not short of a few penny’s so are not going for budget fixtures.

What do you think this might come to as a budget cost, its in Maidstone.

This room is about 2.0 x 2.0 so not huge.

-Strip out

-1 central light into 5 down lights

-New extractor fan - same location

-Replace bath in same place and fit thermostatic concealed shower over it

-Replace toilet in same place, fit W/C frame and wall hung pan

-Replace sink in same place, install some kind of nice floating shelf with counter top basin

-Mulitpanel or similar cladding over bath / shower area

-Move radiator across room - around 2m, chipboard flooring

-New flooring - amtico or something similar

-plaster ceiling

-Decorate

Cheers for any input

Yeah, labour only.

Ive done a few but they were years ago and council type ones. The last 'good' one I did was a few years back and I under priced that, didn't really earn any profit as such, just a day rate.

Should be your day rate x 2 weeks if that’s how long you think it will take you. An exact price here wouldn’t be fair as too many variables and each persons labour costs are different.

Around 2-3k

Hi,

Will definitely need a skip or 2. I was thinking £2k - £3k labour plus materials, there is a fair amount of multi panel - anyone know a cheap place to source that?

It would be nice to get in to the head of a customer and wonder what they expect a good fitted bathroom to cost, what do you think folk expect to pay - £5k £6k+ I had a price to have my garden wall re built a few weeks ago, every quote was almost £4k - £5k, I was shocked as it isn't massive! Its got me thinking that the costs I have in my head are a lot lower than what they should be.

Martin

Def £3k plus for labour alone. If you doing all the ancillary work like decoration electrics etc then more. Are you going to be able to sign it all off? If not the subcontract labour has to factored in too. Remember, no matter how nice they are, when it comes to paying out COVER YOUR AR5E.

Make VERY clear in your contract EXACTLY what will be done and what will NOT be done for the money. By specifying to the nth detail they have no comebacks. Get money up front and properly staged payments. Get written agreement that delayed or incorrect delivery that costs you time is rechargable. Make sure you differentiate that they know what they are supplying and what you supplying. Get ALL materials money up front.

This sounds like a £8-10k job.
Have fun.

Normal bathroom is coming out about 7k like for like including tiling

Im registered with the ECA so no problem with signing off all works.

I'll sub out decorating, plastering, Im getting prices for those at the moment, ill do the just do the nice bits.

Im fine with contract side of things, Ive been in business for years and this is a small job in comparison to my usual stuff. I just want earn what the job is worth, not what I think its worth of that makes sense.

Im used to working in office's and commercial places where things are nice and clear, so having to faff around in an occupied house sounds like a headache!

Hi,

Will definitely need a skip or 2. I was thinking £2k - £3k labour plus materials, there is a fair amount of multi panel - anyone know a cheap place to source that?

It would be nice to get in to the head of a customer and wonder what they expect a good fitted bathroom to cost, what do you think folk expect to pay - £5k £6k+ I had a price to have my garden wall re built a few weeks ago, every quote was almost £4k - £5k, I was shocked as it isn't massive! Its got me thinking that the costs I have in my head are a lot lower than what they should be.

Martin
Will take 8-10 days per room. Price your day rate accordingly.
Say materials are extra, but should be £4 - £600 per bathroom.

Didn't even get a reply from them! That does annoy me. Oh well, probably for the best, I have a shop re fit to do and now a new cold store to plan a start on so I doubt I'll have time anyway.

They might not receive it, emails sometime fall into a black hole its happened a lot to me and by post.

Years ago when I had little to no work 2009 I did a bathroom quote, I was keen, he was keen, I spent ages on the quote and printed it out and sent it to him by post and heard absolutely nothing for 2 years when he rang apologise as he'd just been given the envelope by Royal Mail, it turns out some post office guy who had been wronged by a manager had been hiding letters in the sorting office.
He waited and waited and assumed I wasn't interested so got someone else.

I know! I should have checked they had it but I don't like to pressure and feel like i'm desperate for work and give them the upper hand.

Reply to Bathroom re-fit costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock