Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom radiators stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y1D

Hi there

I’ve had to have a new heat exchanger and air valve installed into my boiler which is now working well. The only problem is since then neither of my 2 bathroom radiators come on. They both always used to come on when the hot water was on, as well as when the heating was on which was nice to have nice warm rooms in the morning.

I’ve tried to bleed both but water comes out straight away so it’s not air, and all the other radiators work fine.

Any ideas what the issue could be and can I resolve it or will I need the plumber back again?

Thanks.

do they warm up with the heating on?

Hi, thanks for the reply - no, they’re permanently cold.

did they used to come on with the rest of the heating?

did they used to come on with the rest of the heating?
Yep, they used to come on when only the hot water was on, as well as when the central heating was on. It was useful as it warmed the room as well as dried the towels. Now they don’t work at all.

could be air locked

turn the heating on

and if you have trvs on all / most of the other rads turn them off

should sort you out and once the rails become warm turn all the other rads back to normal / what they were set at

and then bleed the towel rails

could be air locked

turn the heating on

and if you have trvs on all / most of the other rads turn them off

should sort you out and once the rails become warm turn all the other rads back to normal / what they were set at

and then bleed the towel rails
Thanks will try that in morning as the lad has just gone to bed. Will report back - thanks

Still no joy. The plumber did say there was air in the system and it had no where to go.... Guess it went into the bathroom radiator pipes.

The feed pipes aren't even getting warm so I guess ill have to get someone else out to take a look.

Hot water wasn't on when you tried my fix was it ?

Hot water wasn't on when you tried my fix was it ?
No. The pipes into the radiators aren’t even getting warm. I’ve removed some aif from another radiator and checked all, but as soon as I loosen the nut water comes out and no air.

No. The pipes into the radiators aren’t even getting warm. I’ve removed some aif from another radiator and checked all, but as soon as I loosen the nut water comes out and no air.

What about turning all the trvs off did you do that ?

Not sure what that is.... I turned off all the other radiators by their thermostat if that’s what you mean?

Yea

Sounds like you might need him back after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom radiators stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock